Author Topic: The Pirate Bay's...back...I guess? + The Open Bay released  (Read 1934 times)

or an ecryption key. I don't recall bitcoin addresses having + symbols in them

This doesn't (might) happen in 'murica?
yeah at this point there's nothing really stopping ISPs from doing besides competition and the sort i'm p sure; but ISPs will prioritise certain kinds of traffic or de-prioritise kinds they don't want you using. there have been cases where cable companies slow down streaming services like netflix; and i think at one point they made netflix pay them to stop. it's pretty despicable, almost worse than outright blocking them if you ask me. at least if you can't go at all you know not to try.

but outright blockage isn't common afaik. obama also pushed for internet service to be categorised in such a way that net neutrality would be guaranteed for everyone, which is super awesome cool points

Yay!
Hopefully it restores completely.

Yay!
Hopefully it restores completely.
Are you implying you like it when TPB is up

« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 11:37:21 AM by -Setro- »

Setro, stop changing what you said. First you said its not just for pirating, then you said whats not to like, now its just 'idk'. No one is going to reply to you instantly, calm down.

Setro, stop changing what you said. First you said its not just for pirating, then you said whats not to like, now its just 'idk'. No one is going to reply to you instantly, calm down.
I'm nervous that badspot is going to think I'm saying that I pirate. I'm not saying that. Like OP said, torrents can be used for other things.
It's possible to post your own content to that website.

I'm nervous that badspot is going to think I'm saying that I pirate. I'm not saying that. Like OP said, torrents can be used for other things.
Covering your post won't save you if you said something bannable. Its not like you said you're a straight-up pirate anyway.

Covering your post won't save you if you said something bannable. Its not like you said you're a straight-up pirate anyway.
Exactly. I'm just scared of being banned for the billionth time. I don't even see why Badspot bans for it, just edit your post and move on, it's not the end of the world.

My Comcast internet lets me use the pirate bay.

Mentioning the concept of piracy is not bannable. Directly admitting to piracy or supporting piracy is bannable. For example, "The Pirate Bay is awesome, they have tons of cool torrents available for anything you could ever want." is not bannable.

However, the hypothetical statement "The Pirate Bay is awesome, I got myself a copy of Halo 4 [side note: what is the most recent Halo game anyway?] last night for free!" is entirely bannable.