Bot Spawning (Spawn-in-Range)

Author Topic: Bot Spawning (Spawn-in-Range)  (Read 9511 times)

This checks to see if any players are near the hole bot's brick. If the bot isn't attacking and there are no players in the range of the check, the bot will unspawn (and then respawn when there are players in the scan zone).

This is useful if you have RPGs, while this helps the ghosting become shorter (meaning that you shouldn't ghost a bot if no one is even close to it) of loading bricks.

Here is a video for some more information.

Variables:
$Pref::Server::BotSpawnCheckMil - The tick to check if the players are in the area, default milliseconds is 5000.
$Pref::Server::BotSpawnCheckRange - How far the check will go from the spawn, default range is 10.
Download Support_BotSpawnRange
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 11:47:46 PM by Advanced Bot »

Nice, I needed something like this.

This is in the default code if you want to have it per bot add-on,

Code: [Select]
//Spawning option
hSpawnTooClose = 0;//Doesn't spawn when player is too close and can see it
  hSpawnTCRange = 8;//above range, set in brick units
hSpawnClose = 0;//Only spawn when close to a player, can be used with above function as long as hSCRange is higher than hSpawnTCRange
  hSpawnCRange = 64;//above range, set in brick units

Oh, Im glad this is out!
Super useful.

This is in the default code if you want to have it per bot add-on,

Code: [Select]
//Spawning option
hSpawnTooClose = 0;//Doesn't spawn when player is too close and can see it
  hSpawnTCRange = 8;//above range, set in brick units
hSpawnClose = 0;//Only spawn when close to a player, can be used with above function as long as hSCRange is higher than hSpawnTCRange
  hSpawnCRange = 64;//above range, set in brick units
or maybe events for it

so we have advanced vehicle system and bot system. What's next? A item system?,anyways 10/10

Did i ever tell you i love you? If not well I do because this is exactly what I needed <3