Poll

No poll at the moment.

Author Topic: Teneksi's Showroom  (Read 99892 times)

Yeah. I have no idea why they needed to put a corkscrew on it.
it isn't a corkscrew, it's a staff with a snake on it, aka the Rod of Asclepius

asclepius is associated with healing and medicine

the star of life was designed by the US national highway traffic safety administration

it represents emergency medical services

note the crucial differences

now I'm not saying it isn't weird that it features a snake, but it represents healing. not gouging. And, for me at least, it's a familiar, ambulance-related symbol. For me, a simple green cross is only associated with video game health pickups.

If you do choose to remove the rod because of some buried traumatic experience involving an ambulance (which doesn't sound too far-fetched now that I put it to words) please just remove the rod and leave behind the blue six-pointed star.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 12:13:25 PM by Teneksi »

"
asclepius is associated with healing and medicine

the star of life was designed by the US national highway traffic safety administration

it represents emergency medical services

note the crucial differences

now I'm not saying it isn't weird that it features a snake, but it represents healing. not gouging. And, for me at least, it's a familiar, ambulance-related symbol. For me, a simple green cross is only associated with video game health pickups.

If you do choose to remove the rod because of some buried traumatic experience involving an ambulance (which doesn't sound too far-fetched now that I put it to words) please just remove the rod and leave behind the blue six-pointed star.
"now I'm not saying it isn't weird that it features a snake, but it represents healing. not gouging. And, for me at least, it's a familiar, ambulance-related symbol. For me, a simple green cross is only associated with video game health pickups."
They have it everywhere in the UK :-/

Now for some reason I suddenly got a phobia of snakes but somewhat noticed that there are many different types of the Star of Life around. A few months ago I saw an ambulance van that looked somewhat fake while being driven along to the train station. It featured a corkscrew (that I might have underlooked) with a blue asterisk.

I've never looked at theclosely before.

(Sorry for pagestretch)

They have it everywhere in the UK :-/
Don't give me that doofy face. I don't live in the UK. I have to make my emergency vehicles based on what I recognize.

(Sorry for pagestretch)
what

your resolution would have to be smaller 800x600 for that to be a pagestretch

The ambulance textures seem to be hit and miss. Earlier today they were working, but since then they have started going white again. It switches during the same hosting session as well.
Here is a picture of what it looks like:

But when I exit the vehicle it is normal again:

your resolution would have to be smaller 800x600 for that to be a pagestretch
its a pagestretch on my laptop

What is this on BL Glass hmm

The ambulance textures seem to be hit and miss. Earlier today they were working, but since then they have started going white again. It switches during the same hosting session as well.
*snip 2x*
Try disabling recoloring vehicle and/or reset vehicles via command

huh this goes almost perfectly in sync with my music (Need for speed world garage music)
OT : lowrider plz

its a pagestretch on my laptop
please buy a laptop from the 21st century

What is this on BL Glass hmm

An automated system which got nervous about functions scheduling other functions.

If you understand scripting, you can see that I've done nothing intentionally malicious, and that the functions it highlights are essentially the same as ones I made for the CVPI, which passed both automatic and specific review.

Try disabling recoloring vehicle
I have already set paintable=false

Like I said before, I've never even heard of this until now.

Interesting to note, the only things which retain color are the lights, which I have parented under an empty mesh named "zLightContainer"
I did the same thing on the CVPI.

This solved the problem of the transparent materials being hidden by the opaque materials behind them, and causing the opaque materials to not cast shadows. Everything under zLightContainer does not cast a shadow, even the opaque materials within them.

I seem to remember, before my final version of the CVPI (which I no longer have due to a hard drive failure) I had yet another empty mesh called "zFlareContainer" which was a child of zLightContainer which was where all the transparent meshes went.

Maybe the fact that the problem meshes -- the all-white ones -- are not parented to anything.
Furthermore, you aren't using shaders. Shaders seem to get rid of certain problems (like paintable vehicles where the paint color affects parts of the object which should always be an opaque (non-paintable) material, if those materials are part of the same object) but I have never made a vehicle without shaders so I may not have done some of the things that vehicle makers have always had to do in the past, such as separating objects by material. I once heard that I'm supposed to parent everything to something called detail32 or some such, but that never seemed to be necessary so I have never done it

Hopefully someone with a deeper understanding of vehicles or Torque can respond.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 12:49:17 PM by Teneksi »

If you plan to revise the Crown Victoria second, what do you plan to do?

If you plan to revise the Crown Victoria second, what do you plan to do?
Primarily that's making the taxi, but I also want to redo the wheels, make the handling less squishy, change the shape of the top half slightly (to fix several small problems I have with it), and try to do the CVPI lights in a way that doesn't require scheduling a ton of hidenode and unhidenode. I also may try to implement interactive vehicle support so you can actually see the engine I spent time on.

Mail truck is in the lead.

I don't get it.

Someone explain why so many people want the mail truck.

I'm not saying I don't want to do it, I'm just really surprised that it's taking the lead.

Primarily that's making the taxi, but I also want to redo the wheels, make the handling less squishy, change the shape of the top half slightly (to fix several small problems I have with it), and try to do the CVPI lights in a way that doesn't require scheduling a ton of hidenode and unhidenode. I also may try to implement interactive vehicle support so you can actually see the engine I spent time on.

Mail truck is in the lead.

I don't get it.

Someone explain why so many people want the mail truck.

I'm not saying I don't want to do it, I'm just really surprised that it's taking the lead.

Mailboxes will find their calling.

please buy a laptop from the 21st century
actually 1366x768 is the average resolution that laptops have in 2015 so it's gonna be pagestretched for a lot of 21st century laptops.  :cookieMonster:

actually 1366x768 is the average resolution that laptops have in 2015 so it's gonna be pagestretched for a lot of 21st century laptops.  :cookieMonster:
Except it isn't stretched at all until the window is less than 600 pixels wide

I don't think you understand what a page stretch is

It doesn't happen to me but when I spawn it with mission editor it does what is happening to you.