Poll

No poll at the moment.

Author Topic: Teneksi's Showroom  (Read 99867 times)

I could not reproduce that glitch.

I could not reproduce that glitch.
Turn off shaders and then get in

After some time, I was able to see this glitch for myself. Unfortunately, it seems to be completely random, and checking or unchecking Re-Color Vehicle doesn't necessarily stop it.

However, it seems to be solved by setting ambulancevehicle.paintable=1;
There is nothing on the vehicle that can change color except for the hands for handsOnVehicleSupport, so changing this value doesn't matter at all ... except for the fact that it seems to prevent this all-white thing from happening. So, try that.

Extract the .zip so that Vehicle_Ambulance is simply a folder in add-ons. You should then remove the zip so they aren't both in there. Toward the bottom of the file Ambulance_Data_Vehicle.cs you'll see a line that says "paintable = false;" change this to true.

As far as I could tell, this works as a temporary solution until the thing's creator has time to go back and do something that definitely stops this glitch.

Speaking of having time, I'm afraid this semester (my final semester of college) has gotten off to a miserable start, and any time in which I can stay focused really needs to go toward catching up and making sure I pass all my classes (preferably without an emotional breakdown). I know that the gaps between my vehicle releases are already atrocious (at least, compared to what I know they COULD be if I was 100% focused), but my classes must take urgent priority until I'm in a better position.

I will bump this thread in March. Hopefully you'll get a fire truck which at least features its sirens and [new style of] lights at that time, but the future is unknowable.

If you have any questions or suggestions, or run into any NEW glitches (I am very aware of the all-white ambulance quirk), send me a PM and I will respond as soon as I can.

Take your time, man. Focus on what's important and just go with the flow my brother.

Take your time, man. Focus on what's important and just go with the flow my brother.

Aw
well good luck with school!

Bump before Topic becomes too Old

Bump before Topic becomes too Old
It takes two months for that to happen, but thank you for the consideration.

I have recently had the time to work on a number of improvements to the Crown Victoria. These two screenshots are a before and after. Open them in two new tabs and switch between them to clearly see the differences (ignoring the CVPI equipment)

Other improvements to the Crown Victoria include new wheels. The tires are much flatter in the middle, darker, rounder, and overall smaller, resulting in a car with a much less truck-like stance. I also decided to go with a simpler five spoke design.

Some of you will be very happy to know that I've also worked on its handling. It certainly isn't a sporty, grippy car and you'll need to use the brake every once in a while, but you can actually take bumps without it sinking through the ground in defeat. I am trying to maintain the feeling that this is a large, heavy sedan, but it is no longer a slippery, spongy disaster.

The next version of the Crown Victoria will have at least 2 variants for its civilian version. They resemble a Crown Victoria LX and a retired Police Interceptor.

My intention was to have the parts be changed with Custom Vehicle Support. However, using CVS means that different nodes can be colored in weird ways I do not intend, and CVS does not allow for the changing of wheels.

The next release will probably see these two variants as separate datablocks, but I have considered making my own GUI which would allow you to:
  • Choose from a set of factory colors
  • Add/remove/change trim (like door handle color, bumper inserts, interior color) and apply presets (such as one of the two in the screenshot above)
  • Change wheels (again like above, being able to switch between the alloy or steel wheels) -- but I hear a previous attempt to do this resulted in glitches

Basically this GUI would be a kind of Garage 2, but sadly lacking the generality of CVS; it wouldn't automatically add any car that follows a format, unless I learned significantly more about GUIs. Something to consider.

Given the fact that the Crown Victoria's shape has changed in several places, and in particular that I want to change the way I do emergency lights, the CVPI will have to be partially remade before these changes are released. Hopefully the changes that occur agree with you, but as always, it is not possible to please everyone.

With emergency lights being redone, the Ambulance will be visited again, and hopefully the changes I make can prevent that all-white glitch.

The fire truck has not received as much attention as I thought it would, but some changes have happened. Lights are now making their way on, and the back and front have changed slightly. The back of the truck, especially, has changed from a previous screenshot, as I needed to make more room on the sides for the lights. As you can see, at the top of the back, there will be rotating lights, which forces me once and for all into learning to use looping animations (rather than scripted sequences of hidenode / unhidenode) for the lights. This means that emergency lights will no longer be affected by lag.

Classwork is still bearing down on me but I may be able to get back into making regular progress in the following weeks. (Or all my classes will redouble and become horrible again; we'll have to wait and see! But this thread is active again for the time being.)
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 10:56:37 PM by Teneksi »

All the updates are looking fantastic! Although I'd remove the really narrow black bars from the new CV wheels.

That fire truck is looking amazing. It will fit in great with the new fire mod that's being developed.

Discovered something interesting with weight distribution.

I did this on the Ambulance already, but today I tried an even more pronounced version while messing with the CV:

1) Set massCenter so that the weight is heavily toward the front or back of the vehicle
2) Change the springs on the front or back two wheels (unnecessary if the vehicle already comes with different spring datablocks for each pair)
3) Lower the force of each spring until the wheel begins sinking into the ground; raise the force of the spring until the wheel remains above ground.
4) As driver, move the car around a bit until it settles; repeat 3 until the value is as low as possible without sinking.
        If the weight is toward the front of the vehicle, the front springs will be stronger.
5) Multiply (usually double or triple) the force of both springs.

Now, the typical problem with having a front- or back-heavy vehicle is that it wobbles up and down while driving in a straight line. However, if you use the method above, the car is effectively balanced. The constant corrective wobbling disappears, and the balance is changed. (The current Crown Victoria has this wobble and needs to be fixed as described above; The new version has been positioned so that massCenter = "0 0 0.3" is actually perfectly balanced so that the springs do not need different force values)

For RWD: When the car is extremely front-heavy, when you turn, the entire thing actually strafes at first. The back wheels struggle to grip, but instead of being swung around as you would expect, they take a while to do their part in turning the vehicle, and end up bizarrely leading the turn. This must be the disaster that happened to the cars in L.A. Noire.

When it's extremely back-heavy, the front wheels can do almost nothing, and you get understeer city. Not exciting at all. The interesting thing, though, is that pressing S allows sharper turns. The back wheels slow down and weight transfers to the front while the front wheels maintain their momentum. This acts almost like a weak E-brake but is rather convoluted and unsatisfying. The effect is more pronounced on RWD vehicles with very high engineTorque.

also here's this render
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 08:52:20 PM by Teneksi »

too many details for Blockland imho
except the Buggy.
Buggy is pure awesome.