Author Topic: Individual Player VCE Prints  (Read 1615 times)

I want VCE prints that are for certain players instead of showing up for the whole server.

The only way you can do is this use CenterPrint and other like events.  You can't really do this for individual players.

The only way you can do is this use CenterPrint and other like events.  You can't really do this for individual players.
Well I would want the center print to stay because I'm making an exp system for pokemon and trainers don't get exp the pokemon do.

You'll probably have to create a script for this. I can't see it being done with events...

I would suggest that you utilize a replacement variable system, whereby VCE prints displays variable1-variable5, displayed as <var:cl:var1a> (variable name) <var:cl:var1b> (value) that gets set to a specified variable.  This way, you can individualize your variable order/appearance.

The VCE prints field could look as such:

[<var:cl:var1a><var:cl:var1b> || <var:cl:var2a><var:cl:var2b> || <var:cl:var3a><var:cl:var3b> || <var:cl:var4a><var:cl:var4b> || <var:cl:var5a><var:cl:var5b>]

var1 is set to "Money: P", var2 is set to "Pokemon: ", var3 is set to "Badges: ", var4 is set to "Wins: ".  It would display as such

Money: P2700 || Pokemon: 5 || Badges: 7 || Wins: 42 ||

for pokemon:

Level: 27 || EXP: 500 || Health: 50 || Rock Smash: 5 || Brick Break: 6 || Strength: 12 || Leaf Storm: 2 || Item: Master Ball || Status: PAR

(numbers next to moves are PP)

I'm not sure about the limit on the number of characters for VCE prints, but if you find that it is too short, you can try HUD prints.  Those might have a longer character limit.

[edit]

didn't read that you were doing pokemon, fixed the examples to be more relevant.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 12:48:43 AM by Gen. Hothauser »

Not a bad idea, but my main concerns are A) The character limit, and B) VCE's tendency to break with too many <> strings involved.

Not a bad idea, but my main concerns are A) The character limit, and B) VCE's tendency to break with too many <> strings involved.

I forget which mod, HUD prints or VCE prints or both, has this, but one of them has a centerprint option.  Right justifying the center print can add more space for variables and make it look decent.  I forget if another tag is needed to get all the variables in a column, though.  So if space is an issue, I'd suggest trying that.  IIRC, whichever print mod I use has a high enough character limit to allow text to flow onto a second line (even with variables and color and font modification).  As for VCE messing up with a lot of <> strings, I have never experienced such an issue.  The separator lines between variables would probably help with that kind of issue, though.  I can experiment around with this again, if you'd like.  I used it for my event crpg years ago.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 08:55:01 PM by Gen. Hothauser »