Any RTS games where you can play as a unit?

Author Topic: Any RTS games where you can play as a unit?  (Read 2647 times)

I remember playing a game for the Wii called battalion wars that I had a lot of fun with.  But that was when I was much younger.  It wasn't really much of a build a base type game but you controlled units that were given to you and you were able to control individual units as well.

e: I also remember Arma 2 having a scenario where you played as a Chernarusian rebel or something and had to fight off a Russian offensive and you could build your base structures and purchase units for a squad that followed you.

I also remember Arma 2 having a scenario where you played as a Chernarusian rebel or something and had to fight off a Russian offensive and you could build your base structures and purchase units for a squad that followed you.
That reminds me, speaking of Arma 2, there's a mode in it called warfare that's almost exactly as I described and it's interesting, however with the way my computer is I can't really play more than an hour of it without it lagging because of how much stuff gets made. You can play it singleplayer with ai commanders and squads and stuff. There's also warfare be (benny edition) that I think has more stuff in it or something, idk. It seems to work better though.

btw I'm looking for games that can be played in singleplayer as well because that's my kinda thing.

Empires source mod, but it's dead now.

Cortex Command, pseudo RTS.

Men of War Assault Squad 1 & 2 both let you take direct control of any unit you call in

rise of nations allows you to control many units at the same time. You can attack two countries at the same time with two different units if you want or you can attack all countries with 6 units

Dungeon siege? ayy? ayyyy??

I mean its a Diablo clone with RTS elements but technically you can control each individual unit. It lets you have up to 8 followers and the main character isn't necessary to the game either. So really you can control any unit >.>

Cortex Command, pseudo RTS.

The Strategy part is where it gets goofy because the game is literally Murphy's Law: The Game
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 09:39:27 AM by Tayasaurus »