Got my Raspberry Pi set up

Author Topic: Got my Raspberry Pi set up  (Read 1335 times)

This Xmas I got a Raspberry Pi, and I finally got it set up in the living room. Raspbian's installed on it, and it's hooked up to my AT&T router via Ethernet cable. It's slow, but it works.

I made a stupid lil' note area for when I feel I need to write down some notes:

And here's a video of it on first time boot.

Any ideas on projects I should do with this thing? Don't have much, but I got what's in the Raspberry Pi Starter Kit from Make.

Put it into or make a robot, that's what I originally used mine for before I found a different controller

i thought that said at the top "POWER TITS"

I have mine plugged into a TV and running XBMC. It's a great little media center.

nice double jointed thumb

only reason i'd get a raspberry pi would to have some dedicated computer connected to speakers throughout my house so i could play songs from my song library in any room i want

i think that would be cool.

edit: nvm i could just use bluetooth speakers, no need for tiny incompetent computers.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 04:28:17 PM by Brickman »

I have a raspberry pi. I only used it like twice, and then I never touched it again because I had no idea what the forget i was doing/ what the hell to do with it.

I have emulationstation on my pi. I never use it tho

I have a raspberry pi. I only used it like twice, and then I never touched it again because I had no idea what the forget i was doing/ what the hell to do with it.

Have you eaten it yet? It should be tastey.

Used it to learn C, and still using it to get an understanding of the Linux kernel.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 05:04:30 PM by D3ATH LORD »

I host a NAS on mine, and a system to open my garage via phone

ok, question:
i feel like upgrading to archlinux, but i'm not sure if i want to stray away from raspbian.

should I?

Had one for a while. Sold it recently because I haven't had a use for it for a long time.

ok, question:
i feel like upgrading to archlinux, but i'm not sure if i want to stray away from raspbian.

should I?
Get NOOBS and dual boot them.