CRP2

Author Topic: CRP2  (Read 23983 times)

Development for CRP officially begun on December 13th, 2010 with one idea in mind: to bring the best form of a CityRPG to the players of Blockland. After 4 years of additions and edits it's time to take a substantial leap forward with CRP2. CRP2 will offer all the features that people have been asking for for years and put an end to the static job and economy system.

What's new?
    • Company System - Instead of following a set job path with very limited possibilities I put job creation in the hands of the players, and more specifically the company owners. By default there will be default companies to choose from (police, doctor, etc) but if you don't like how that company is configured you can always create your own or join a player-made company. Everything from what players get fired for to what they get payed are controlled by the company owner. Each company has 5* tiers of jobs with 3,4,5,6,7* open perks to be configured by the company owner. The employees of a company only get payed if the company has made a profit from the various jobs the employees carry out and so do the owner's payouts.

• Economy System - In the new economy system money is neither created or destroyed as the money circulates from person to person. By default there will be $453,981* in circulation at one time and if everything goes correctly, this number should be the exact same by the end of the server. If a player gets their account reset or is perma-banned their money will be put back into circulation by an admin in any way the admin sees fit. All forms of services previously provided by the government will now be provided by the players in this new economy system. Welcome to a truly free market.

• Manufacturing - Along with the economy system all forms of production and resources are controlled by companies. While resources are still entirely infinite money, however, is not. Laborers put their resources up on a market which are then bought up by companies to produce weapons, ammo, vehicles, items, and bricks (ATMs, safes, doors, etc). Things like weapons and vehicles are then sold from the manufacturers to distributors and/or sold directly to the public by the employees. The price at which resources are sold at and who they can be sold to are entirely up to... you guessed it... the players. All of this can make for competitive pricing and competitive gameplay.

• Crime and Punishment - In addition to the somewhat minimal attempt at a witness system we've added cameras, evidence, and a crime reporting system. If you do something bad, like say kill somebody, it will check if there are any witnesses to your crime. If there aren't any witnesses some evidence is dropped and you have to spend time cleaning it up if you have the tools to do so. If there is a witness to any crime and the witness has a cellphone they will take out their cellphone and call the police, giving demerits and giving their position. If they don't have a cell-phone they need to go to a police officer or the police station for the criminal to get demerits. Watch out for cameras though, they count as witnesses too!

• Combat - This CRP could use the same weapons we have been for the past few years but this is a whole new mod so we're gonna need some new weapons. Every weapon now requires ammo so you can't fire infinite barrages of bullets at planes anymore. Guns may get cheap if the company has enough stockpiled but you'll be spending most of your cash on bullets if your accuracy isn't the best or your aren't smart with your guns. Accuracy is based on if you're moving or not and damage is based on range and where you hit the other player. And no, you can no longer die instantly from getting shot in the foot, but you may move slower and you may die from bleeding out minutes later.

• Real estate - Land can be bought in large chunks and split into smaller sections and sold individually all by the hand of the players. Also, owners of residential lots can create zones designated to other players that they can build in without needing trust. Apartments, anyone?

• Well-being - If you are too hungry or are injured you may not be able to carry out tasks your normally would. You may walk slower if your feet are injured or reload a weapon slower if your arm is injured.

* These numbers likely to change
Key Features
    • Self Defense - No longer do you have to wait for somebody to become wanted for you to take action. If somebody attacks you, pickpockets you, or breaks into your home you have the right to defend yourself.
    • Seamless day to night transition - Custom daycycles for both clear and rainy weather types are synchronized to the in-game clock. Custom events for turning lights on on daybreak and sunset are triggered gradually instead of all at once allowing for a lag free and seamless transition from day to night.
    • Lot zoning - CRP includes 4 lot types: admin, residential, commercial, and industrial. Residential lots are basic lots that allow the owner to create buildzones for people to build in without needing trust. Commercial lots allow for the use of transaction events and the planting of ATM's an vehicle spawns. Commercial lots are also used for company headquarters to place company spawns and other company bricks. Industrial lots are the only lots where weapons, bricks, ammo, and vehicles can be manufactured if the people in the lot have the ability to.
    • Storage bricks - Don't want to run to the bank to make a deposit? Place your cash, lumber, ore, or items in a safe for later. Want to really protect your investments or yourself? New in CRP2 is a vault brick with a full interior that can store infinite money and resources.
    • Experience - Instead of waiting around doing nothing to move to a higher ranked position you move up in rank by doing your job.
    • High performance - CRP2, unlike Iban's mod, doesn't cause exponential CPU usage. CRP has been proven lag-free with over 40 players playing at a time.
    • Click-smart-efficiency - Click players to see if they're wanted, how much money they have, how much resources trees have, and how many demerits somebody has. Double click banks to quickly deposit all of your money, double click police bricks to quickly pay off your demerits.
    • Navigation - The compass included in the client allows users to create waypoints at their favorite places to find them later. You can also scan for terminals and get waypoints from events.
    • Interface: - Browse companies, items, and vehicles all from a series of windows. Interact with banks and ATM's through a GUI or use the chat commands through an option
Credits
Jasa: Project manager, lead designer, coder, and modeler
Phydeoux: Models

If you have any questions or suggestions feel free to post them!
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 09:10:05 PM by Jasa »

I really do enjoy that logo if I do say so myself

:cookieMonster:

All I can say is YES.

I cannot wait for this to be completed.

Are you going to have a mode that allows criminals to pay off their demerits without being jailed in the process? Like say, they can click "Pay Demerits Mode" and for exactly 1 minute they can pay off their demerits and be immune to the baton, and if they don't then their demerits are doubled or some other really negative thing that would deter any criminal.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 09:50:54 PM by Ipquarx »

Another one of these?

i cant take it, too much grinding to do in two different servers (wicked's too), such little time

Can you make running out of health not always a death sentence? Maybe have it occasionally knock you out/incapacitate you.

Are you going to have a mode that allows criminals to pay off their demerits without being jailed in the process? Like say, they can click "Pay Demerits Mode" and for exactly 1 minute they can pay off their demerits and be immune to the baton, and if they don't then their demerits are doubled or some other really negative thing that would deter any criminal.
I think this would make it too easy for criminals. Criminals have to be smart and not go charging into a police department crawling with cops. People have often recommended that I remove paying demerits entirely so I chose to have criminals pay at their own risk.
Can you make running out of health not always a death sentence? Maybe have it occasionally knock you out/incapacitate you.
This would be interesting but would sometimes just be frustrating. I'll probably have it so if they "die" of blood loss they have a few minutes for a doctor to revive them and they get the option to just Self Delete and respawn.

Loving the new features, especially the economy and companies idea. I really missed having a good City RPG on blockland.

It would make it much more enjoyable if well being and hunger itself was an option that could be toggled.

Well for some people like me.

Interesting but a lot of these ideas have been around for a while, at least they're finally being implemented.

The company system seems kind of faulty and prone to problems, everything else seems nice though. The evidence and what-not is a nice addition, pictures of new content would be sweet.