What would be a cool HUD for a MRPG? (See recent post for updates)

Author Topic: What would be a cool HUD for a MRPG? (See recent post for updates)  (Read 3911 times)

I am making a MRPG (Modern RPG). It is difficult finding/making a cool hud for heath (includes armor), with mana and an exp bar with your avatar?

If you have some ideas, please post some pictures down, or maybe even create a hud if you want (if the design is well done I will give you something inside the MRPG when beta is released to specific people (pm me for more info if you are interested)).

Here is my idea:

This will go on the top left of the screen (the chat stuff will move below it) (I am also noting that the blue and green is the avatar's background, the person can change their background color anytime they want)
Of course a few things will be changed here and there on it. The background will be hidden, it is just there so you can see the main of the hud.

On this hud the big one is you, and the little one is the people in your party/guide/whatever you call it. You can only know their percentage of things, and of course their level and their avatar look.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 01:51:34 AM by Advanced Bot »

That actually looks cool,You can use the first one.

That actually looks cool,You can use the first one.
ya better than I can do

Just remove the vignette from the LVL thing and your set.

I'd make the progress bars the same height, and remove the percentage from the description because you already have the progress bar to see it

Also use a sans serif font, remove the outline if possible (depending on the background)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 08:13:56 AM by Zeblote »

« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 10:47:52 AM by Advanced Bot »

Also, here is the updated gui.

Edit: Here is the current gui, everything works as imagined other than the avatars.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 01:34:09 PM by Advanced Bot »

What outline?

The outlines on the text, they don't look too good.

The outlines on the text, they don't look too good.
I think it will look fine

I think it will look fine
Depends on what the background for this will be

If the whole thing is like a transparent overlay, then leave the outline so it can be seen on all backgrounds

Depends on what the background for this will be

If the whole thing is like a transparent overlay, then leave the outline so it can be seen on all backgrounds
The background is the game, this will go to where the chat is, and the chat (and everything else that is included) will move below this hud

Don't move the chat, if you force people to adapt to a new layout from the one they used for years just for one gamemode it won't end good

Don't move the chat, if you force people to adapt to a new layout from the one they used for years just for one gamemode it won't end good
Looks like I'll have to put it here then.

Of course, the paint and the build gui stuff will be hidden until you leave the server.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 03:37:30 AM by Advanced Bot »

You forgot to remove the vignette/gradient effect behind the avatar.

A round vignette inside a square disturbs me for some reason.

You forgot to remove the vignette/gradient effect behind the avatar.

A round vignette inside a square disturbs me for some reason.
It didn't work so well when I was playing anyways, here is more progress. (I made the vignette no longer multiply, if there is any better background, please show a background here that players can recolor)

(The little guy is also me (obviosuly) (this was to test to see if this group clan stuff would work with other people (it would since I made myself a seperate client), but his background will also be fixed too, I just forgot.) This updates when the player's health/mana/level/avatar updates. The big one updates when the player's health/mana/level/exp/avatar updates.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 03:37:04 AM by Advanced Bot »