Author Topic: Furdle's Solitude. Progress!  (Read 8525 times)

This sounds like a salvage overhaul of some sort.

The reputation system makes me wonder the most. With:
good players will gain rewards whilst negative players will not have access to these generated rewards
What will imply a "good player"? Like one that doesn't kill others? In the type of world you described there, there WILL be people attacking for supplies and that could be a means for survival or alternate type of game-play.

If killing is outlawed:
basically city rpg without building.
With a reskin.

Only time will tell I guess.

The mod will be made from scratch, with the exception of taking parts of the code from Grand Theft Auto (which was made entirely from scratch)
It's not going to use City RPG or Salvage (although it may have a salvage system)

There'll be a mod for reputation which will be on the grounds of 'If you take someone's life, you gain a negative reputation' Although it'll include circumstances (eg, self defence)
There will be no law enforcement.

Sounds good enough.

An alternative to rep could be; "dangerousness" or something along those lines.
and the level of that danger could change outcomes when said player decides to trade, or better yet, have a bounty placed on them.

could do like classic runescape style skull system. where the person who initiates the violence has a mark against him, so if the victim gets the kill instead, he  wouldnt be repped down for defending himself.

it would help prevent tons of pointless killing, yet not hurt anyone who was forced to.

and people with tons of initiated kills, would be a greater reward if they were killed. so anyone who wants to push their luck on a killing spree is only drawing more people to hunt him.

to many gamemodes on blockland lack balancing like this. thats why its so frustrating and boring to play to long.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 12:00:32 AM by Bisjac »

To help build do we simply join the server?

An alternative to rep could be; "dangerousness" or something along those lines.
and the level of that danger could change outcomes when said player decides to trade, or better yet, have a bounty placed on them.
Similar to this, the more you kill other players the lower youre "sanity" level goes? If there are npcs around the city they may be more prone to attacking you.  The lower your sanity/higher dangerousness the more likely threatening a merchant will be rewarding but if you're more sane they will offer lower prices.
Also the lower your sanity the better you are with weapons and stamina but the higher your sanity the better you are with finding food/weapons and getting more out of that food.

call the hate lvls "enmity" or something

Donations should not give you items
this is the equivalent to micro transactions forgetass
EDIT:
"You're Nal so stay off my server."
your ego is showing
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 02:35:33 AM by EnjoyedBen2002 »

"You're Nal so stay off my server."
Hahahaha this server will be just as bad as the last one in management.

bullied nal
never gonna play the servre
lol

I honestly thought this was going to be about Skyrim Solitude, really.

I'll model stuff, like items, if asked.  (Food, currency, salvage tools)

same

wonder how long before this thread turns into a drama warzone

thought it was only me

so anyway this isn't entirely clear, is this like a fallout gamemode taking place in a still-standing but empty city? if so, i don't get what the threat of this is; i mean there isn't zombies or anything, is there going to be bandits, or this is entirely focused on trading and not starving to death?

are you trying to make a This War of Mine clone
cause thats what it sounds like