Author Topic: [Need Ideas!] [WIP] The Hub  (Read 4581 times)

jet fuel
We might possibly add this to the game mode.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2015, 05:11:30 PM by Dark X-rane »

Augmentation Ideas:
- Shapeshift. It could give you different weapons temporarily or stats or something. Who knows. Maybe even flight. That is also .dts oriented though.
- Temporary invulnerability.
- Teleport. Prone to glitchiness, probably not a good idea.
- Phasing. Similar to teleport, but just turn off ray casting on the player for everything but the ground.
- Dodge function that moves you a short distance to either side very rapidly.
- Fake death/invisibility. #deadringer
- prop hunt augment, turn into a brick. XD
- Add burn damage or poison damage to your damage.
- Add slow/frost/chrono delay to your damage output in exchange for less damage.
- Ability to climb buildings and walls. (Parkour playertype)
- Summon an AI companion or a vehicle.
- Make all players in a close vicinity freeze or burn or get poisoned etc.
- Curse another player, make their dead body turn into an AI companion on death.
Or make them haunted so they have to find a new body and adapt to their abilities. ;)
- Temporarily change another player's abilities randomly for one life.
- Summon walls or spikes to deter enemies.
- Give yourself a little extra cash money for other abilities.
- Excessive list of augmentation ideas. Some obviously broken. Enjoy.

Thanks for the ideas once again, Panther!
There are going to be two types of upgrades you can buy-- jet items, and augmentations. Augmentations are passive, and are always effecting your player. Jet Items are things that you specifically call upon by pressing the jet key.
The current augments I have are speed, size, damage, jump height, and wall climbing.
As I type this I've only made one jet item, a force field. Anyone caught it in when it is triggered gets flung upwards.
Edit: Another, more expensive one that I made is where you can possess other players for a short amount of time. The con is that your body is left vulnerable while doing this.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 01:41:29 PM by Johnny Blockhead »

Ideas
http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=270696.0

unless there is an AFK kicker mod out there that I can dissect.
Search 'afk' on the rtb archive

The feature where when destroyers touch actual bricks they die isn't very feasible. I can't find a way to do it. fxDTSBrick::onPlayerTouch only works with bricks that have events on them.
Look at the code for the treasure chest. It automatically adds the orchhit.WAV event when its placed. Or maybe super creeper.

I'm back from a coding hiatus! I'm planning on detonating the augmentation gamemode, and replacing it with something that's pretty much exactly like MvM. I might set the getup aside for a bit while I work on simpler, quicker to complete gamemodes (thanks whirl!).
Edit: I've let Blocko2000 into the building team, despite him having an application (we discussed it over steam). Here are some of his builds:

« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 06:48:50 PM by Johnny Blockhead »

I have a lab internship starting tomorrow, so I will be less active for a while. I hope we can continue the build at some point.

I'm a bit late for the party, but I've accepted Guardibrown townex for a trial! I tried adding you on steam but I couldn't find your profile.
I've started work on the MvM gamemode, taking a few pointers from Visolator's MiniMe mod. Summer is literally in one day, and I've taken enough of a hiatus to be able to say I'm hyped for the project again. Expect info soon!
Edit: Going well.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 08:13:27 PM by Johnny Blockhead »

Why can't we just make a group that is willing to compile so many good servers this summer and then host them all in a row. This should bring more life into Blockland and it's community :).

Why can't we just make a group that is willing to compile so many good servers this summer and then host them all in a row. This should bring more life into Blockland and it's community :).
I've juggled around ideas in my head about how The Hub will actually work. It's pretty much constantly changing. Although, more recently I've been attracted to the idea of changing the gamemode every (~)2 days. I won't have to do any messy scripting to string all of the gamemodes together, and certain intensive gamemodes can get in the spotlight for the appropriate amount of time. I have like, seven gamemodes right now. This project might go public very soon, probably after I finish BvB and Farad completes Hightower.

So, in a way, it will be very much like what you're saying.

I'm done with the bot spawning system, which was pretty much a complete hassle. The spawnBots command is now very flexible, allowing me to state how many and what class. I'm probably not going to have some classes be enemies, such as medic and spy, since Blockland bots just run straight towards you. Medics probably wouldn't heal, and spies wouldn't be discrete. I have to go through the hell of getting a bunch of tf2 add-ons working and implementing them, though. I have a draft for the wave system up and running.
Edit: I finished making the amount of bots spawned per-wave change based on players. I'm going to start hardcoding the six waves now.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 02:18:28 PM by Johnny Blockhead »

Triples.
I'm very, very close to finishing the BvB gamemode. Every bot gets assigned a class with weapons, waves are procedurally generated, giants are added in sometimes, and also canteens are a thing. I just need to polish it a bit, and string some bits of code together, and I'll be done. If the password isn't up on my server it means I'm playtesting.
Edit: Expect a topic up today or tomorrow. I'm completely finished with the gamemode. The only problem is that I don't have a build.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 03:39:12 PM by Johnny Blockhead »

Money trail would be neat