Author Topic: Ostinyo's Hogwarts Development  (Read 10818 times)

Thanks guys, I had a good time today with everyone :) I'm still quite busy with school but hopefully progress will speed up and I'll find more helpers.
The server will be up all day Saturday.

If someone can find me a good train whistle sound for the Hogwarts Express that would be great, I couldn't find one :/
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 02:40:44 AM by Wesley Williams »

Progress has been steady for the past few days. Please let me know if you could help me learn about properly making bots, items, or vehicles.

Progress has been steady for the past few days. Please let me know if you could help me learn about properly making bots, items, or vehicles.
And there was not a sound...

Let me know if you can help model/code balls or brooms. I'd like to get quidditch going :)

R.I.P. Productivity: April 14, 2015
GTA V released for PC

There aint nothing quite like beans.

R.I.P. Productivity: April 14, 2015
GTA V released for PC
lol not to mention agar.io :( R.I.P. in peace, Hogwarts Development

Now that I'm done with my finals, progress will resume on Hogwarts throughout the summer! I've passworded the server to ensure that only people that care about the project join.

I plan to get a lot of code work done this summer, please contact me if you can help with any of the following (provide code/input/etc):
  • Bot vision detection: Determine if players are able to be seen by a bot
  • Bot pathfinding: Needs to be lightweight to allow ~150 bots performing pathfinding operations at once
  • Playertype creation: I'm looking to make an entirely new playertype for people at Hogwarts (more proportional, smaller collision), rather than shove clothes on the default model
  • Bot creation: I need to figure out how to make prop bots take up fewer resources than normal bots (because they don't need to do anything)
         -Need animated models for forest creatures/boss monsters
  • GUI stylization: I'd like the GUI to be as simple to use as possible, with features like dragging+dropping and visual player customization
I'll probably end up having to do everything, but I'm always looking for help :)