Author Topic: What do you guys think of my friends rapping?  (Read 2208 times)

One of my best friends is pretty good at rapping and hes trying to come up. His freestyles are nuts, he spits all the time for me. What do you guys think of him? The recordings kind of turned out stuffty on the second one, but yeah these are his remixes. He writes the bars. I'm just wondering what people outside our friend group would think about him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxZhQTqEWBI (Ight Doe)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUkv62lNg38 (We Made it)

he's not bad at all, the writing will get him somewhere

only thing i noticed is that he needs some better tracks imo

he's not bad at all, the writing will get him somewhere

only thing i noticed is that he needs some better tracks imo
Yeah that's what I feel too. It's difficult finding people who can make good beats, but he's definitely trying that.

it's good, better than i expected

it's good, better than i expected
thanks. I really admire the guys skills, and I think he would be able to make it out there. Hes not a dumbass either, he's going to college so he is keeping it realistic. Rap is by far not his biggest focus.

As far as talking fast to a beat goes, I think he nailed it, but you can tell he's inexperienced. Can't hear half the stuff he's saying because he doesn't enunciate but if that's the kind of rap you're into go for it. He should look into getting someone to record/mix his tracks better. The writing sounds generic, which isn't terrible but good luck getting exposure lol

As far as talking fast to a beat goes, I think he nailed it, but you can tell he's inexperienced. Can't hear half the stuff he's saying because he doesn't enunciate but if that's the kind of rap you're into go for it. He should look into getting someone to record/mix his tracks better. The writing sounds generic, which isn't terrible but good luck getting exposure lol
Its sounds that way in the recordings, but if you listen to him IRL you can understand what he says much better. He's going to find a better guy to record him I think. 

It was good dude. Get good recording equip and make some demos immediately. I suggest you find someone to make original beats. I know Mura is decent at it. I'm trying to get my friends to practice as well.

i like his voice but whoever "produces" his "beats" should be fired, unless it's him.