About the RATS recently uploaded

Author Topic: About the RATS recently uploaded  (Read 12135 times)

Darksaber's always been a cool guy. I don't think he'd intentionally give people viruses just for the sake of being an starfish.

Thanks Badspot, Carbon's a cool guy.

Guys, pecon prooved it is a false-positive. Badspot is the one to be blamed to ban him AND revoke him.

Guys, pecon prooved it is a false-positive. Badspot is the one to be blamed to ban him AND revoke him.

Did you happen to read the last page, or did you just want to skip over that? Carbon's unbanned.

Badspot is the one to be blamed to ban him AND revoke him.
Are you handicapped

Did you happen to read the last page, or did you just want to skip over that? Carbon's unbanned.
Are you handicapped
So you are upset Outpact is blaming Badspot for banning Carbon?  Does undoing an action make it unblamable?

quoting for new page because outpact cannot read:
Well, I have unbanned this dude.  Apparently on the advice of Zealot, someone who has been banned something like a dozen times for flaming and trolling.  What could go wrong.  

quoting for new page because outpact cannot read:
Badspot did in fact ban Carbon, in case you cannot read.  Read my above post.

correct.  carbon was banned.  unbanning carbon would be impossible if he wasn't banned in the first place.

and the forget's the point of blaming somebody for an undone action?  please start making sense next time you post.

i dont know stuff and i get worried hella easy, would i be affected just by visiting the sites? and if i just download the zip am i fine? i didnt run anything, infact i cancelled the xio 8/10 ways it was almost done. anyway, should i worry about either? pls answer to soothe me worrying

You cannot get infected from a website. The only way possible is through Java applets, which you still have to accept.
Downloading a file is harmless. You can even download a virus.exe so long as you don't run it.

Well, I have unbanned this dude.  Apparently on the advice of Zealot, someone who has been banned something like a dozen times for flaming and trolling.  What could go wrong. 
<3

So you are upset Outpact is blaming Badspot for banning Carbon?  Does undoing an action make it unblamable?

I never said I was upset. Simply asking if he read the thread or not, he's entitled to his opinion. Apologies if I came off as a bit rude.

You cannot get infected from a website. The only way possible is through Java applets, which you still have to accept.
Downloading a file is harmless. You can even download a virus.exe so long as you don't run it.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drive-by_download
Drive by downloads may happen when visiting a website, viewing an email...

Just to clarify, this was not at all my intention. I converted a .bat file (for an ARG) to an .exe so people wouldn't snoop in the .bat file and uncover pieces of the arg too early. Turns out the program was used before by hackers and people that make malware to store malicious files in their programs, so some off brand virus programs detected it as a virus.

Badspot is the one to be blamed to ban him AND revoke him.

I don't think Badspot should be taking heat from his actions. He took appropriate action to prevent a virus spreading through the forums, although it wasn't a virus.

So uh...

sorry for the virus scare. Again it was not my intention at all, and had no idea it would register as a virus or I wouldn't have posted it at all.

correct.  carbon was banned.  unbanning carbon would be impossible if he wasn't banned in the first place.

and the forget's the point of blaming somebody for an undone action?  please start making sense next time you post.
You are clearly too stupid to make sense of it yourself.  If I kicked you out of your gym in front of everyone and then said "oh, my bad, come on in again" that'd be okay?  No, it wouldn't, because it was wrong to do in the first place.  Undoing an action does not make it unblamable.