Author Topic: Skittlr, LGBT+ only social media platform fundraiser (past its goal of $100)  (Read 6851 times)

I just noticed that the site's name is a copy of tumblr, but they forgeted it up because skittle isn't a verb.
tumblr has a lot of lgbt on it
grindr is a gay dating app
skittlr is an lgbt only social media website

there's a pattern here boys

ridiculous. just another way to further divide up the lgbt people who claim to want to be equal from everyone else

tumblr has a lot of lgbt on it
grindr is a gay dating app
skittlr is an lgbt only social media website

there's a pattern here boys
The problem is that skittle is not a verb. Tumble and grind are both verbs.

well, you can't come in OUR treehouse EITHER!
yeah the best way to destroy segregation is to segregate yourself logic extrordinare
i miss when it was just trans gay and everyone else and liking dinner before love didn't require me to pick up a dictionary
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 09:05:58 PM by Cargøn »

If there was a straight-only social media, everyone would say it's offensive.

I am an antiareversalmantic lamppostkin with the pronouns master/master/master.

But are they calling it Skittlr because of skittles? The candy?

gay af
for starters that's a false equivalence if I've ever seen one

secondly, you're offended by this?

ridiculous. just another way to further divide up the lgbt people who claim to want to be equal from everyone else

well, you can't come in OUR treehouse EITHER!
yeah the best way to destroy segregation is to segregate yourself logic extrordinare

if they were actually on your straight-only social media you'd complain about how they're seeking attention etc. this actually removes them from your everyday life if you happen to be bothered by them. you can't just complain about seeing someone you don't like on the street and then yelling because they went back to their own house.

I'm guessing the person making this doesn't have much experience making websites or at least social websites.
If they expect more than like 100 people to use it, they're going to need more than just a $70/year host.
I'm guessing the only reason why there are even screenshots of it is because they bought the template/theme.

for starters that's a false equivalence if I've ever seen one

pretty much the same thing happened when somebody made a straight megathread after the lgbtqa megathread was posted

people automatically assumed it was a troll thread and reported it

if they were actually on your straight-only social media you'd complain about how they're seeking attention etc. this actually removes them from your everyday life if you happen to be bothered by them. you can't just complain about seeing someone you don't like on the street and then yelling because they went back to their own house.
straight only social media doesn't exist or if it does then the same critiques apply
the idea is no segregation at all either way
it's the black-people-can't-be-tribal conundrum even if i think that some of it is superfluous tumblrisms that doesn't make it wrong
i'm against fences not the people who are building them

pretty much the same thing happened when somebody made a straight megathread after the lgbtqa megathread was posted

people automatically assumed it was a troll thread and reported it
Who needs to be educated about heteroloveuality?

Who needs to be educated about heteroloveuality?

Who needs to be educated about homoloveuality/biloveuality/aloveuality?

straight only social media doesn't exist or if it does then the same critiques apply
the idea is no segregation at all either way
it's the black-people-can't-be-tribal conundrum even if i think that some of it is superfluous tumblrisms that doesn't make it wrong

i wasn't claiming straight-only social media existed, i was responding to blueblur's hypothetical.

the problem is that the people criticizing skittlr want to have it both ways: they want to complain about people who don't fit in the heteronormative box when they're on a shared service but then complain when non-hetnorm gets its own service. that's not working towards no judgements, that's asserting superiority (or trying to, anyway).

besides, who cares if there are some gay/bi/les/trans+ who want to find friends/romantic partners who are similar? why does it actually hurt you? nothing changes in your life because of FarmersOnly or BlackPeopleMeet or JDate

Who needs to be educated about homoloveuality/biloveuality/aloveuality?
well a lot of people actually