Author Topic: Skittlr, LGBT+ only social media platform fundraiser (past its goal of $100)  (Read 6576 times)

Who needs to be educated about homoloveuality/biloveuality/aloveuality?
Pretty much anyone who disagrees with them?

That's like asking who needs to be educated about Islamic values.

Who needs to be educated about homoloveuality/biloveuality/aloveuality?
you should always educate yourself on the opposing side, no matter how crazy.

gay people know more about straight people about being gay because they live it. there's no two ways about it.

i wasn't claiming straight-only social media existed, i was responding to blueblur's hypothetical.

the problem is that the people criticizing skittlr want to have it both ways: they want to complain about people who don't fit in the heteronormative box when they're on a shared service but then complain when non-hetnorm gets its own service. that's not working towards no judgements, that's asserting superiority (or trying to, anyway).

besides, who cares if there are some gay/bi/les/trans+ who want to find friends/romantic partners who are similar? why does it actually hurt you? nothing changes in your life because of FarmersOnly or BlackPeopleMeet or JDate
it's not a dating site though is my problem
if it was a dating site that would be fine, i can understand that loveual preference is useful for finding romantic partners because doy
my problem is it's a just talk with people site so therefore straight people should not be talked with
also i have deep scars from blackpeoplemeet don't you even loving dare

it's not a dating site though is my problem
if it was a dating site that would be fine, i can understand that loveual preference is useful for finding romantic partners because doy
my problem is it's a just talk with people site so therefore straight people should not be talked with
also i have deep scars from blackpeoplemeet don't you even loving dare

but you're assuming that they EXCLUSIVELY use skittlr.

you must only want to talk to Blockland players and no other kind of gamer because you use BLF!

oh wait, no, you're part of a community and you have common interests and experiences that maybe other gamers don't

you should always educate yourself on the opposing side, no matter how crazy.

gay people know more about straight people about being gay because they live it. there's no two ways about it.

And straight people know more about being straight than gay people. My statement was as ridiculous as his was, that was the point of posting it

A lot of people I know in the LGBT community reciprocate intolerance against intolerance, and they end up stooping to the level of the folks who bash them for being who they are, and a lot of times they take it too far and lump together straight people who are completely alright and innocent just because they're straight
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 09:23:42 PM by IkeTheGeneric »

but you're assuming that they EXCLUSIVELY use skittlr.

you must only want to talk to Blockland players and no other kind of gamer because you use BLF!

oh wait, no, you're part of a community and you have common interests and experiences that maybe other gamers don't
you make a decent point
i guess it's fine but i still have some gripes but my opinion is irrelevant considering i'm one random man
honestly the whole thing was kind of doomed to attract controversy 

Okay, what? Romantic orientation? What the forget?
psst
aloveuals exist.

psst
aloveuals exist.
that's different than romantic orientation

that's different than romantic orientation
that's going down the is-atheism-a-religion thing though and we already have one thing causing an argument that won't be resolved

that's going down the is-atheism-a-religion thing though and we already have one thing causing an argument that won't be resolved
loveuality and religion are very much different
aloveuality is a loveuality because they did not choose to be aloveual, though you can choose to be atheist. simple as that.

A lot of people I know in the LGBT community reciprocate intolerance against intolerance, and they end up stooping to the level of the folks who bash them for being who they are, and a lot of times they take it too far and lump together straight people who are completely alright and innocent just because they're straight

brown townogy for what you're saying

If a 2-year-old baby punches a grown man it's exactly the same as a grown man punching a 2-year-old baby
If a gay person resents heteronormative society for oppressing them then that means STRAIGHTS ARE OPPRESSED

loveuality and religion are very much different
aloveuality is a loveuality because they did not choose to be aloveual, though you can choose to be atheist. simple as that.
that's not what i meant
ie is the lack of something constituting that the lack of something is indeed something

Well, it isn't going down that road at all. I'm not even sure that's a thing in the first place, but I think that's a discussion for a different time. Romantic orientation is definitely a thing! I think Crunk's point was that aloveual people are basically proof that it is, since being aloveual doesn't mean you can't have a romantic relationship. :P

Well, it isn't going down that road at all. I'm not even sure that's a thing in the first place, but I think that's a discussion for a different time. Romantic orientation is definitely a thing! I think Crunk's point was that aloveual people are basically proof that it is, since being aloveual doesn't mean you can't have a romantic relationship. :P
i refer you to the above post

i refer you to the above post
I think you don't understand. Aloveual people can still be romantically attracted to people. Which means that, undoubtedly, loveual and romantic attraction are two different things! They probably match for most people, for example a homoloveual guy would most likely only be romantically attracted to guys, but it's still definitely a separate thing.