Author Topic: Elite: Dangerous 1.3 - Powerplay  (Read 17476 times)

Trade calculators are for fun-haters. :(
Im not going to fly arround 30 minutes for a simple hauling mission wich you can do in 5 or less for just some scrap money.

i haven't played in a while because i've been waiting for 1.3

speaking of which, when's it coming out? is powerplay really all it's been hyped out to be?

POWERPLAY IS LIVE AND AVAILABLE TO UPDATE FOR NON BETA USERS!!!!11!!11one!

POWERPLAY IS LIVE AND AVAILABLE TO UPDATE FOR NON BETA USERS!!!!11!!11one!

oh stuff! i'll update the OP after i get back from my friend's birthday party, but here's the trailer!

Servers are currently stuffting themselves. I managed to buy a Diamondback Explorer, though.

updated OP. couldn't post the 1.3 patch notes because there's literally a forgetton, so i've linked a reddit post to everything.

i've also added a section in the OP for powerplay. post your pledges (and defections) here

What should I choose from?
And how does it even work.

What should I choose from?
And how does it even work.

Been playing it for a while now, and I think I figured it out. Just go over the different factions in the selection list and read over their Ethos (morals) and stats, and finding one that best fits you. Then hit the pledge button, but take your time. There are penalties for defecting. Pledging with certain powers will affect the way other powers respond to you, from simply taxing you a bit more, to all out shooting you out of space if you approach one of their stations. So read over each factions Ethos and stats very carefully.

After that, its down to these three factors: Preparation, Expansion, and Control. Preparation and Expansion work the same way; gather Propaganda for Preparation, and/or Aid for Expansion from controlled sectors or faction headquarters, and take them to a system that is being prepared for the Power, or being expanded to by the Power, depending on what you want to do. Control works sort of the same way with Packages, but those can only be picked up from the Powers headquarters.

Credits-wise, you don't get alot. You mostly get Merits, which are for ranking up in your Power. Ranking up in your power has rewards, such as weekly credit bonuses, ability to vote on what system your faction should prepare, expand to, or control, and other things I forgot about.

The other part of that is stopping any other faction from delivering Aid, Propaganda, or Packages to their systems, although I'm not sure how this works.

That's my experience. Anyway, add me to da list plis: CMDR Zane Jay Zee, pledged to Alicia Winters.

PS: Oh, and there is no requirement to join a Power, and you can remain independent if you want.

snip
So you basicly carry stuf from one station to another?
No thanks, I don't want to be an enemy in 9/10th of the habitable systems.

So you basicly carry stuf from one station to another?
No thanks, I don't want to be an enemy in 9/10th of the habitable systems.
nope. each power does their business differently - for example, president hudson is alllll about combat.

fortification for senator lavigny-duval claims it's combat, but it forgetin isn't. it's a courier job. i don't know why it's put down as combat, but i'm kind of pissed and might defect from this liar. i knew i couldn't trust imperial bastards

That's my experience. Anyway, add me to da list plis: CMDR Zane Jay Zee, pledged to Alicia Winters.
adding you in a second. alicia winters, huh? i may be joining president hudson, so i may see you out in the field sometime.

fortification for senator lavigny-duval claims it's combat, but it forgetin isn't. it's a courier job. i don't know why it's put down as combat, but i'm kind of pissed and might defect from this liar. i knew i couldn't trust imperial bastards
The red, old dude right?
I joined him too because I was like "Oh look, shooting things up" but all I do is transporting intel. 10 AT A TIME.
Can't I just load my whole type 6 full of it?

I'm happy anlave isn't in anyone's hands :^)

As I said, that was my personal experience. Winters is all about supplying and fortifying via trade, which was what I was already doing well with.

adding you in a second. alicia winters, huh? i may be joining president hudson, so i may see you out in the field sometime.
:)

And now we wait for the DLC that let's us walk out of our ship and we can fly in planets and explore it
In about 5 years.

got i cannot wait

also i'm in love with the diamondback scout. i really liked flying the viper, but so far this ship has kept me alive... especially from arrisa's guardians. ugh