Author Topic: Old games you played but forgot the name of: the thread (OP updated again)  (Read 29243 times)

Oh hey, I didn't see you there. Probably because you all were too busy with doing other important stuff with your lives to post here.
Anyway, bump because there's another one I have, yaaaaay.

It was a game on the wii shop thing, it was like a top-down racing game for 8 players and it had ii in the title because it was clever. You could race a ton of different cars and stuff and it was pretty fun overall.

the box art was like orange-red clouds with a fighter jet  going up diagonally in the middle

I know there's this wingman buddy you start with named "Pixie". There's also a massive weapon the enemy has that's just a huge laser and if it hits you you blow up, in one of the levels.

There's another level where your guys drop an atomic bomb on the enemy and pixie is like "i lived here", shoots at you then flies away

then there was this other level where you're over a city fighting enemy jets while you can hear the people below you having a revolution over the radio

oh and a level where you and a massive group of jets assault a massive fortress in a blizzard

the box art was like orange-red clouds with a fighter jet  going up diagonally in the middle

I know there's this wingman buddy you start with named "Pixie". There's also a massive weapon the enemy has that's just a huge laser and if it hits you you blow up, in one of the levels.

There's another level where your guys drop an atomic bomb on the enemy and pixie is like "i lived here", shoots at you then flies away

then there was this other level where you're over a city fighting enemy jets while you can hear the people below you having a revolution over the radio

oh and a level where you and a massive group of jets assault a massive fortress in a blizzard
Ace Combat Zero: The Belkan War
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 08:25:25 AM by The Magical Dunes »

From a reddit post nobody could solve:

[PC][2000s]Educational(?) Point & Click Game (self.tipofmyjoystick)

submitted 4 days ago by McJobless

Platform(s): Windows, probably XP and/or 98.

Genre: Point & Click

Region: Australia, probably world-wide though

Estimated year of release: Early 2000s

Graphics/art style: Seemed to be fairly detailed and well lit/shaded. It a 2D point and click that I think was taking a lot of cues from Humongous Games.

I remember one of the rooms fairly well, and I drew my best interpretation of its layout
. It was a grocery store/general shop/cheese store. I know that one of the interactable elements was "goat's cheese", because I think the character you play mentions that and says it makes him sick or something else.

1 was the door. #2 is this overhead kind of area with lots of those useless-yet-funny interactions. In the center of the room, #3, there was something; maybe some racks or shelves or boxes or a very long table, and the goats cheese was here. #4 I'm not sure about, but I think this is where the counter for the store was. I may have gotten the perspective slightly wrong too.

Notable characters: There would have been about 2 - 5 people in the main "group". You play as one of them. I think they were mice/rats or some other animal, but I can't be sure. I just know they were humanoid. Main character was probably male.

Notable gameplay mechanics: Can't remember any specific unique mechanics. I think the goal of the game was to prepare a birthday party for one of the characters, and the reason you went to the shop is to get ingredients.

Other details: I don't know how I acquired this game, but it was definitely on a retail CD. It might have been part of a partwork or something else, but I think it was part of a series of games.

In a previous thread I mentioned the room I talked about above and the mice/rat characters. I can confirm that it is not Learning Land. I definitely played Learning Land, but I had mixed these two games up.

EDIT: Should mention that this game, as I recall it, was tailored either towards children or young teenagers.

it was this weird 3d platformer game about a kid and he has magic powers, pretty sure it was on the gamecube
the first level/area is kind of a foresty area with trees and from what i remember the game has sundials in it (???)
the second (or third) level/area was a deserty type and had a mummy boss at the end and its name began with 'dj-'
it also had a level where you run across a piano and it has all sorts of musical things

but i cant for the life of me remember what it is

tak and the power of juju

bumping because this is a thing that should stay alive

I can't believe there isn't a shred of anything about this game I played. Someone must know of it.

Sitting Ducks?
that brings me back to the ol blockbuster days of rentin ps2 games

bumping for good reasons

probably a fake memory, but I do remember playing this kind of top-down game with bugs/spaceships, similar to Dodge 'Em, with shapeship/bug textures, brick walls, different layouts, and a black background.

probably a fake memory, but I do remember playing this kind of top-down game with bugs/spaceships, similar to Dodge 'Em, with shapeship/bug textures, brick walls, different layouts, and a black background.

Alien shooter?