Author Topic: Map failed to buffer with xxxx verts  (Read 3560 times)

After updating Blockland, Blockland keeps crashing with this message. It happens when ghosting larger builds.
This never happened before the update, so I don't know what is wrong.

Since I cannot edit the main post I will put this here instead,
I got the same error while simply loading a save that worked fine before the update. Unsure of what's going on?

However, I was loading 200000 or so bricks, ghosting, changing environment and setting a minigame all at once. Could that have done anything?

Pretty much the same problem.

You probably ran out of video ram.  Disabling vertex buffer objects may allow you to load more bricks at the expense of some speed. 

I don't know what Vertex Buffers are, or how to disable them. Explain how please?

What I find most strange is before the update, I could run larger builds for an entire day without problems.

I found out how to disabled the Vertex Buffers, and now it finishes ghosting but then I get a runtime error.

Maybe try uploading your Console.log.

The console log with Runtime error
http://www.mediafire.com/download/pxldjbdo8n6xizd/console.log

The console log with Buffer error
http://www.mediafire.com/download/foft6pcxv9n0phf/console%282%29.log

Also, a picture of the error message.

Someone told me it may be my RAM, but I have a 16GB RAM so that seems unlikely to me.

It may be memory leaks. As my blockland now takes up a good 40% of my memory on running. it seems to constantly rise, until it inevitably reaches its cap and crashes. I'm unaware of how to fix it.
I have 8GB of ram IIRC

Noedit: Since I disabled vertex buffer yesterday and lowered shaders to minimum, I havent had the vertex problem. However, I have been getting the vague and nondescript runtime errors incredibly frequently. I don't know what causes this, nor do I know of a solution, they're at random intervals under different conditions.

Noedit: Since I disabled vertex buffer yesterday and lowered shaders to minimum, I havent had the vertex problem. However, I have been getting the vague and nondescript runtime errors incredibly frequently. I don't know what causes this, nor do I know of a solution, they're at random intervals under different conditions.

What is your GPU?

Badspot...

You forgot to compile the game with the LAA flag set!

No wonder we are experiencing crashes.

Oops, premake strikes again.  This will be fixed.