Do I Possibly Have Dyscalculia

Author Topic: Do I Possibly Have Dyscalculia  (Read 3306 times)

No, 1+1= 3.14159265359
God you're a loving moron it's obviously 11.

What math class are you in? Do you understand algebra?

What math class are you in? Do you understand algebra?
algebra 1a, and no. I still barely know basic.

Why are people considering being bad at math a development disorder? People are good at some things and people are bad at some things. Deal with it and learn to overcome it. In my opinion, you're just being a hypochondriac about this.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 07:11:12 PM by Passta Soup »

I feel like having a different kind of brain could make you worse at mathematics, logic, spatial awareness, etc.

Which is why this is a disorder and not something about you

I have dsycaluclia as well but I don't have adhd. Not everyone is completely perfect in life so this isn't much of a giant problem unless you live in the US

I have dsycaluclia as well but I don't have adhd. Not everyone is completely perfect in life so this isn't much of a giant problem unless you live in the US
lol how is it a giant problem ONLY in the US?

algebra 1a, and no. I still barely know basic.

I had to take almost three years just to get through Algebra 1. It eventually caught on though and I was suddenly good at math.

10/3

Do these fit you?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyscalculia#Other_problems
Problems with differentiating between left and right
Inability to grasp and remember mathematical concepts, rules, formulae, and sequences
Difficulty with multiplication-tables, and subtraction-tables, addition tables, division tables, mental arithmetic, etc.
Inability to concentrate on mentally intensive tasks (depends on the task)

Problems with differentiating between left and right
Inability to grasp and remember mathematical concepts, rules, formulae, and sequences
Difficulty with multiplication-tables, and subtraction-tables, addition tables, division tables, mental arithmetic, etc.
Inability to concentrate on mentally intensive tasks (depends on the task)

I think you're just bad at math
the 1st problem is common among the populace
the next two are explained by you being bad at math
the fourth one is sort of broadly interpretable

i'm not a doctor though.