Author Topic: Steam refuses to connect online. Any idea?  (Read 1854 times)

BUMPAN RE-READ OP NOW MORE DETAILED

I'm having this problem too. Unfortunately my (temporary) solution was to just punch in my password for an hour until it worked.

I'm having this problem too. Unfortunately my (temporary) solution was to just punch in my password for an hour until it worked.
apparently it's an east coast thing?

IIRC a friend of mine had this problem, and he said it was fixed by deleting one of the cache folders. It may have been the depotcache folder, but I'm not sure.

IIRC a friend of mine had this problem, and he said it was fixed by deleting one of the cache folders. It may have been the depotcache folder, but I'm not sure.
could you ask which one?

Have you tried another system

Have you tried another system
no. i'm omw to do that right now that's a good idea

EDIT: did notwork on my sisters computer
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 08:17:45 PM by Skateaton »

Do you have a spare router by chance/ tried resetting that?

Do you have a spare router by chance/ tried resetting that?
just reset my router. nothing. apparently its an east coast thing. But im screwing around on 10.0.0.1 trying to forward some ports.

You said Steam popped up in German, have you checked your internet settings and made sure your internet isn't being routed through a german proxy stealing all of your infos?

You said Steam popped up in German, have you checked your internet settings and made sure your internet isn't being routed through a german proxy stealing all of your infos?
no idea. how can i check?

no idea. how can i check?

i could be wrong but last time i checked the only actual pc proxy settings are here

type this in search

connections tab

click lan settings

make sure theres nothing here

theres nothing there. huh