Poll

What gamemode should I use?

Surivival RPG
7 (77.8%)
Other (Please post and explain it)
2 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author Topic: I want a gamemode to host for 24/7, ideas?  (Read 823 times)

Currently I have an idea, but I want some feedback from other people before thinking of hosting this kind of server for a very long time.

Survival RPG (I already have part of this done from my old RPG engine): A level system that modifies health, attack, speed, and magic. You survive during the day and night. When you die, you start all over (except you keep most of your gold), but, you are able to buy a god that is able to save your progress when you die, only works once and then you have to buy it again (extremely expensive). During the night certain monsters will come out to find and then kill you each day is a complete difficulty, can be easy and can be very difficult. You are able to build, but only works for how much of resources you have. How many days can you survive?
    Leveling up: This is how you fastly upgrade your health and chance of using more weapons. With certain weapons requiring a level or attack points, if your level is lower you cannot equip or use it, but with attack points required your attack with that weapon is just lowered. So it seems leveling up makes things easier for you to use.
    Building: You start with a few weak items: Sword, axe, pickaxe (for stone), and a shovel. Only certain material are required for a specific item. If you die, you still keep these tools. These materials can be used for crafting and building (for places that can be built at).
    Mobs: There are all kinds of mobs, such as the monster type of zombies, skeletons, element monsters, etc. They all spawn depending on how the day's difficulty is set. Some mobs even spawn during the day. When it becomes day, certain mobs do not like the sunlight, so they will either try to kill themselves or burn in the light. (They can survive if in the shadow.. watch out!). Mobs are able to destroy certain material, so be careful of what you use to build your place!
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 03:32:29 PM by Advanced Bot »

can you go more in-depth? right now it's not very clear how you level up, how building works and how one obtains resources, how the monsters would work (like if they're just zombie ai or if they can break bricks and stuff i dunno)

it sounds pretty neat tho

can you go more in-depth? right now it's not very clear how you level up, how building works and how one obtains resources, how the monsters would work (like if they're just zombie ai or if they can break bricks and stuff i dunno)
Updated OP.

keep doing your rpg pls