Identity - a modern-day open-world MMORPG

Author Topic: Identity - a modern-day open-world MMORPG  (Read 2050 times)

Do you believe in probability?

Yeah, and it's probable you're talking from your dumpster m8. Weirder things have happened, don't stuff on everyone's parade lol

Yeah, and it's probable you're talking from your dumpster m8. Weirder things have happened, don't stuff on everyone's parade lol
There shouldn't be a parade. It's an unfinished game.

sounds like microtransaction hell

There shouldn't be a parade. It's an unfinished game.
Will you seriously forget off and stuff on some other thread?  I swear, every time I see you posting, it's trying to ruin somebody's fun.

sounds like microtransaction hell
Elaborate.

Will you seriously forget off and stuff on some other thread?  I swear, every time I see you posting, it's trying to ruin somebody's fun.
Elaborate.
No fun allowed.

I'm seeing some angry as forget hopefuls in this thread.

No fun allowed.
Last time I heard stuffting on people's hopes and dreams and calling it fun was called trolling.

Last time I heard stuffting on people's hopes and dreams and calling it fun was called trolling.
That's not what I... do you even read?

I swear, every time I see you posting, it's trying to ruin somebody's fun.
No fun allowed.
Reading comprehension, a useful skill.

I'm with Oasis.

This doesn't feel right. At all.

You know, you can still hope for the best while expecting the worst; they don't really conflict with each other.

It's just usually more well-received in general when you express the former.

It's just usually more well-received in general when you express the former.
There's no point pretending you're excited for something when, in your mind, you're beyond doubt that it's going to fail. People need to stop pissing their budgie smugglers because somebody criticises a game (idea).

There's no point pretending you're excited for something when, in your mind, you're beyond doubt that it's going to fail. People need to stop pissing their budgie smugglers because somebody criticises a game (idea).

Well, nobody can be forced to be optimistic.

I'll still happily hope the game works out, even with the knowledge that it has the probability of failure.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 12:17:15 AM by Frequency »

I'm with Oasis.

This doesn't feel right. At all.
Right? That kickstarter video sends up every red flag when looking at a crowd-funding campaign.

"Temporary art assets shown"
Temporary art assets that look that good are there to entice the consumer. The game will not look that good, and that's pretty much a guarantee.

"Unlike any other [MMORPG] you've ever played."
Haha, ok.

"We've gotten rid of most of the AI."
Yeah, that sounds fun. Rather than putting any effort into npc's to make the world feel alive when real people aren't online or near you, we're just going to drop it entirely.

"[list of activities]... and more others than I have time to list.
Yeah, that's not "Wow, there's going to be so many activities in this game" phrasing, that's "We don't know what other minigames we can throw into this project to make it fun" phrasing.

"We're going to be offering you the option to rent your own servers, too."
Alright, for a supposedly player driven game, why would I want to rent my own server to play in a world that has little to no npcs and only people that I've invited to my server?

That picture of a RV in the mountains at 1:21, bottom right says "Medium Yield Meth Lab". I could swear that's Breaking Bad concept art or some stuff.

Possible stolen concept work, not going to accuse the guy or anything, but this person, Vito Rafiie claims that orange sports car concept art as his work on several forums. So unless he's working with the guy, that's yet another red flag.

Also, that guy at the end, lol.

I dunno, I like the lack of AI thing.

Oasis, this is my thread, and I want you to get the forget out. You're causing a nuisance.

Here's the door: http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?board=32.0