Author Topic: How to calm your nerves?  (Read 985 times)

Haha, and I don't mean that in an angry way.

I have an interview tomorrow at a supermarket. I put myself on the wait list maybe half a year ago, and they called me out of the blue wednesday, so now I have an interview this saturday.
I don't have good experiences with part-time jobs, and I get nervous easily when I need to do one on one verbal 'tests'.
Do you guys know anything to have me relax? The only reason why I'd want the job is money anyways, it's not going to be fun at all, and I've been offered a job this summer at an ice cream and coffee house which is a lot more fun and literally three stores down the street of this supermarket.

Piff
marijuana
I'll probably smoke afterwards, but I don't think it's a good idea to be high before an interview.
Good suggestion for now though, but it's late, I need to sleep early, and I don't want freaky dreams.

hit yourself with a hammer where your nerves are

that'll calm em' down

also don't jack off during the interview i know that laughing cow is hot but control yourself 8)))

Relax into it, and pretend you're acting as a character. It makes it easier if you think of an interview as a drama performance.

Do it a few hours b4 then. It takes the edge off even after the high goes away.

Relax into it, and pretend you're acting as a character. It makes it easier if you think of an interview as a drama performance.
This is actually some pretty stellar advice. Thanks dude, top notch. :cookie:
Did you figure this out yourself?

jack off and then leave

Count to 4
inhale
Count to 4
Exhale

Repeat.

Did you figure this out yourself?
Yeah. Most interview advice was awful, and I really wanted that damn Ubisoft PR job. It helps I've had 4 years of drama lessons.

Count to 4
inhale
Count to 4
Exhale

Repeat.

I did this once during a drama class solo performance which also was an exam.
Someone noticed and was like "what the forget", which caused me to laugh.
The chain of events cooled me down a little and I got a good grade.
Good times.

jack off and then leave

I have a feeling this is a reference.

Yeah. Most interview advice was awful, and I really wanted that damn Ubisoft PR job. It helps I've had 4 years of drama lessons.

Did you get the PR job?

Did you get the PR job?
Yup, and then they gave me multiple other jobs including one with HP.

Just have a nice big grin on your face since they'll be wanting people who are good at faking whether they care or not.