Poll

why can't you remove polls????

This is just here because it has to be
0 (0%)
This too
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: BlockParty - upcoming website for managing and participating in Blockland clans  (Read 9042 times)

also, I wanted to know if anyone would add me on steam or skype
preferably, at least one person who owns a clan, and any extras would be a nice plus, whether they own one or are just in one. I just want someone (or some people) who can give me opinions on some smaller things that I wouldn't normally make a poll for
so far I've mostly just been getting opinions on stuff from wynd fox, and it's not that his input isn't useful, but he doesn't own any clans and as far as I know he's not in any either

I haven't been doing much lately cus I haven't been feeling great (like, emotionally, but also physically the last two days)
I'll still post about it whenever we get the authQuery.php thing working but otherwise there's gonna be more delaying until I'm feeling more up to it
not that it matters a whole lot. I've realized I can't really release this to the public until I'm 18 anyway. because you'll be signing up and sharing information with me (the service) you'll have to agree to terms and conditions, which legally can't be done until I'm 18. I'm 17 now, and my birthday's in august, so it's not too far off, but it's still a little while away. even with all of my procrastination and feeling-down-ness, I imagine I'll still have it done before then

You should have a form of application blacklisting. If a person applies to a clan with joke information, the clan administrator can set the application as a joke application. The ip of whoever sent the joke application won't be able to apply again. (Also a sort of banning where they wouldn't be able to use the site at all). Clan administrators should also be able to send troll ips (from applications) to site administrators, who if possible could host a database of mischievous ips that if another clan wanted to; could ban the trolls too.

tl;dr blacklisting across the site

You should have a form of application blacklisting. If a person applies to a clan with joke information, the clan administrator can set the application as a joke application. The ip of whoever sent the joke application won't be able to apply again. (Also a sort of banning where they wouldn't be able to use the site at all). Clan administrators should also be able to send troll ips (from applications) to site administrators, who if possible could host a database of mischievous ips that if another clan wanted to; could ban the trolls too.
tl;dr blacklisting across the site
that's a pretty good idea
I intended from the beginning for there to be bans for the entire site, and I'd thought a little bit about blacklists for applications, but I hadn't considered any kind of universal blacklist that clan owners could choose to use

it would be based on user accounts, though, not IP addresses. IP addresses are an unreliable ban method, because of how easy it is to change yours or just use a proxy isntead
every account will be tied to a blockland ID, similar to what the forum does, but using the authQuery.php thing instead of asking you for your key. that means it'll be easy to ban and blacklist people without worrying about them just doing it again after their IP changes

I can't read this much ;-;

what about clan wars

a clan can send a document to another clan to declare war

the document will have info about things like what server the war will be on

if the other clan signs it

they have to go to the server

or another idea which can sort clans if you want to join them so like a category for building clans and another for war clans

what about clan wars
a clan can send a document to another clan to declare war
the document will have info about things like what server the war will be on
if the other clan signs it
they have to go to the server
maybe, but I'm not so sure about having an entire feature for something so specific
what if there was just a general sort of proposal thing, that one clan could send to another? it could be used for the war stuff you're talking about, or other things, like wanting to collaborate on a build
when a clan received one, similarly to applications, the clan owner could have it so that they get to decide whether or not to accept the proposal alone, or members of a certain rank could vote on it, or every member of the clan, and whatever
or another idea which can sort clans if you want to join them so like a category for building clans and another for war clans
that's actually really necessary. I can't believe I forgot about that. thank you for reminding me!

good idea

how about something like a PM system that you can send if you look at a clan's homepage. you could only PM the clan owner and it can be for things like what you said, which was like collaborating on a build.

also, speaking of clans, what about clan ranks? the owner can make ranks such as a co-owner and give that rank a certain level of permissions, such as adding something to the gallery or viewing clan applications.

how about something like a PM system that you can send if you look at a clan's homepage. you could only PM the clan owner and it can be for things like what you said, which was like collaborating on a build.
that doesn't seem like a particularly clan-specific feature, so I dunno
maybe after everything else is done
also, speaking of clans, what about clan ranks? the owner can make ranks such as a co-owner and give that rank a certain level of permissions, such as adding something to the gallery or viewing clan applications.
that's already in the OP :P

P.S. Ignore the closing list tag that will be after this. I don't know why it's there and I can't get rid of it. The forum seems to add it automatically, for some reason.

There's a [list] at the very beginning and a [/list] at the very end. Remove both of them to solve that.

Edit: whoops, forgot the nobbc tags.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 04:39:33 PM by $trinick »

There's a
    at the very beginning and a
at the very end. Remove both of them to solve that.
oh, thanks

bump
any progress?
nope. like I've said somewhere else on the forum, I sorta rotate between a few different things that I do in my free time. and at the moment, it's something other than this :P
whenever I get bored again I'll get back to work on this

I have been slowly making that list I mentioned whenever I have a few minutes with nothing to do, though
mentioned here:
Soon, I intend to make a simple web page with a more detailed list, specifying things like what features are already part of it, what's planned, who suggested a feature, etc.
since I wrote that I also decided that it'd have some more information too, like how the beta's gonna go down (which will definitely be happening because there's no way I'm gonna test all the stuff on my own) and what the database tables are like

the most complicated part of the site is probably gonna be the application form stuff. I found a really nice javascript thing for making the form builders, but it's looking like I'm gonna have to write my own code to interpret the JSON that that outputs and turn it into HTML
it should be a learning experience
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 05:10:57 PM by Foxscotch »