Why do people like clarence, teen titans go, and uncle grandpa

Author Topic: Why do people like clarence, teen titans go, and uncle grandpa  (Read 9423 times)

Most of them try too hard to be funny.

Teen titans NO (een titans go); tries too hard to be funny.
Uncle handicappa (uncle grandpa); sometimes makes me cringe, and its just not funny.
Clarence; its disgusting and terrible.

Edit: the lego shows on CN dont really feature anything, "legoey"
Except for the models used.
Srsly just look at the lego movie, lego starwars or lego avengers overloaded, then look at lego ninjago and chiima.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 03:44:40 AM by blockman01 »

I don't know about the latter two because I've never watched them.

But I do find Teen Titans Go to be fairly funny, or at least generally entertaining.
Plus, I like the art style. And I find the dance they all do in the intro to be pretty cute. :)

I have this special interest of Clarence, how loving dare you eastern scumbiscuits.

no but seriously they all make me cringe, though i do love clarence.

where are the glory days of Samurai Jack and etc...
Though we do have Boomerang channel yakno.

Teen Titans GO! is alright, i didn't like Clarence at first, but it's kind of grown on me, it has it's funny moments here and there, i don't like Uncle Grandpa, but like Clarence, it does have it's occasional funny moments

The only thing weird about Teen Titans GO! is how they tend to bring up a lot of really old stuff from the 90s and older like they expect kids these days to get these references

Even the Titans themselves didn't understand what Cyborg was talking about when he brought up The Pointer Sisters and VCRs in that one episode

I dunno i just feel that it's kinda weird to just constantly reference old and irrelevant stuff these days
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 04:03:54 AM by Masterlegodude »

They've ran out of original content to use for their shows so they scrape up the unfunny stuff pushed out from the internet and desperately try to make something amusing out of it, that + a whole forgetton of autism.

Though Teen Titans Go is good enough where I can watch a whole episode, the original series set the bar so high and TT-Go was no where close to reaching that bar. I was also disappointed that they ONLY made it as a comedy (cutting out potentially beloved storyline)

they tend to bring up a lot of really old stuff from the 90s and older like they expect kids these days to get these references

Even the Titans themselves didn't understand what Cyborg was talking about when he brought up The Pointer Sisters and VCRs in that one episode

Didn't notice that, but now that it's mentioned, that sounds actually really appealing for those who get the references.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 04:12:52 AM by §am§on »

Clarence is good, Uncle grandpa is terrible, Teen Titans Go is egh

Though Teen Titans Go is good enough where I can watch a whole episode, the original series set the bar so high and TT-Go was no where close to reaching that bar. I was also disappointed that they ONLY made it as a comedy (cutting out potentially beloved storyline)
I like how Teen Titans Go has made references to the original series, like where Robin has a dream about the part in Trouble In Tokyo where he kisses Starfire, except re-done to suit Robin's big ego and his crush on Starfire, then there's the dodgeball style episode where Starfire and Raven sing the Teen Titans theme that was originally done by Puffy Amy Yumi to fit the whole dodgeball theme of the episode, and then the episode where Robin claims to have removed his mask once for the original Teen Titans, and it actually flashes back to a scene designed in the style of the original series, then it ended in the tower being blown up by missiles

I haven't seen either TT go or Uncle grandpa,  but I have seen the pilot for clarence.  imo it was pretty good and funny,  the problem is that I don't know if that's how the other episodes are too.

clarence is just the adventures of an autist iirc

Uncle Grandpa and Clarence are both shows with nothing to offer. Basically stuff filler that keep your kid quiet.

What bothers me about Teen Titans is that the original show was leagues better than the dumbed down version they have on air now. It's sickening to see cartoon network degrade so low.

yeah, i still have fond memories of Teen Titans from my childhood. like the episode where starfire gets raped by the giant black goo monster with all the tentacles. or where raven its ravens birthday and she gets raped by the robot guy.

good times

with the cost effectiveness of these stuffty new cartoons these days, you would think they could give you more of them.

but they dont...

but kids have even less standards then adults do for their tv.
so cartoon network can basically get away with anything because no one is going to complain.
kids just want flashing colors in their face, and adults just know the channel number to turn the tv to so they can get away from the kids for an hour.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 06:06:05 AM by Bisjac »

Has parenting really gotten this bad? I see now-a-days that people just sit their kids in front of YouTube or a television screen to get away from them and deal with their own problems. I recognize that parenting is hard, but shouldn't they be less lazy? There's nothing educational, beneficial or valuable about cartoons at all, they're an entertainment source, not a learning guide.

Shape up parents. The solidity of your children is in your own hands, not in the producers of a cartoon's.

Uncle Grandpa and Clarence are both shows with nothing to offer. Basically stuff filler that keep your kid quiet.

What bothers me about Teen Titans is that the original show was leagues better than the dumbed down version they have on air now. It's sickening to see cartoon network degrade so low.

/respect