Author Topic: Unpopular gaming opinions.  (Read 6548 times)

People always tell me that graphics don't make a game but I strongly believe they do.

It all depends on what kind of game and/or audience you're shooting for. A lot of people will tell you it's the graphics that are important, but it's really all about the art style. The better the graphics allows for more artistic freedom when it comes to determining a certain style.

Games with distinctive and memorable aesthetics are generally thought to have a better art style than games with dull and uninteresting aesthetics.

A game doesn't actually have to be appealing to the eyes to have a good art style, either. Take a lot of more memorable horror games for example. PS1-era horror games like resident evil had a distinctive style, but it wasn't a pretty-looking game at all.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 08:16:45 AM by IkeTheGeneric »

Prop Hunt is an extremely stuffty and boring gamemode and I can't understand why people still play it.

Garry's Mod is boring and tedious to play with, even if you can call spawning props in with a level editor play.

tf2 is stupid and p2w bullstuff
even when you had to buy it it was still p2w

Valve's games aren't that gr8 m8

Garry's Mod is boring and tedious to play with, even if you can call spawning props in with a level editor play.
The fact that you have to buy other valve games so that you can see a texture in a map to play in a gamemode that is probably stuff anyways is ridiculous. The little bit of fun I had was in single player but that went away quickly.

garys mod is boring as forget. blockland fills the void for sandboxing 1000 times better.

People always tell me that graphics don't make a game but I strongly believe they do.
On the contrary, I always hear people saying how important graphics are and they don't really matter at all to me

I always felt this way about it but I didn't know how to put it into words.

"indie" is not an excuse for having trash art/graphics. There are many indie games that look absolutely fantastic to support this.

tf2 is stupid and p2w bullstuff
even when you had to buy it it was still p2w

Valve's games aren't that gr8 m8
wtf is p2w about it?
you can get everything (that matters anyway) without spending anything

wtf is p2w about it?
you can get everything (that matters anyway) without spending anything
That's not what p2w means.

I too dislike Mobas, which sucks in college since that's what all the engineering majors around me play.

That's not what p2w means.

I too dislike Mobas, which sucks in college since that's what all the engineering majors around me play.
p2w means that you spend real money to get better at the game with out needing any more skill
spending real money in tf2 will not make you any better

p2w means that you spend real money to get better at the game with out needing any more skill
spending real money in tf2 will not make you any better
spending real money in tf2 won't make you better
spending real money in tf2 will make you look better

spending real money in tf2 won't make you better
spending real money in tf2 will make you look better
basically this; you can buy stranges and unusuals which will make you look good

basically this; you can buy stranges and unusuals which will make you look good
and that won't make you better