Unpopular gaming opinions.

Author Topic: Unpopular gaming opinions.  (Read 6564 times)

p sure games r a mix of fun and non fun + other emotions/moods, but we will place emphasis on *fun* interactions

like if someone were to say call of duty is fun, then its likely theyre only referring to instances where the game has been in their favor

but what about when you die-not by your own hand, but by some cheap move

its probably not fun to die over and over to something like a predator missle

but if youre on the opposite end of it, then you must be having fun

theres always an incentive to improve, but to what extent does the fun filter out

im sure that like fun has an inverse proportion to the amount of time played

the game will eventually wear out its fun factor the longer you play

but like playing in short bursts might make it fun

unless you never found it fun in the first place, likely the asthetics, since thats what you experience first hand

Maybe this isn't unpopular, but to me, this new 'indie' era of gaming is awful. Games are subpar at best for full price and they're being churned out endlessly.

For the most part a majority of indie games, esp with greenlight, are basically just glorified flash games with a price on them. I've seen gem-matching games on steam, for $10.

Of course it's a good experience to get yourself and your name out there, and to gain some real skills with game design, but most of these games seem unfinished, poorly made and badly developed or moderated, or belong on a flash games site. And don't get me wrong, there are good indie games out there. But it's become a trend, and it's being abused, I think.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 01:18:01 PM by Sabbin »

any spongebob game before lights camera pants was utter horse****

Okay welll urm...Sonic R was okay

I can't think of a single Sega game I've played that isn't a complete piece of stuff; except for Sonic games.
This isn't saying much when we don't even know what games you played.
any spongebob game before lights camera pants was utter horse****
lol

I don't think half life 2 aged very well. Half life 1 is pretty good on this, but half life 2 just feels outdated.
HL2 has aged so badly its not even funny. Still one of my favorites though

I don't think half life 2 aged very well. Half life 1 is pretty good on this, but half life 2 just feels outdated.
oh yeah
hl1 (and its spinoffs) feels old but gold while hl2 feels pretty outdated

Maybe this isn't unpopular, but to me, this new 'indie' era of gaming is awful. Games are subpar at best for full price and they're being churned out endlessly.

For the most part a majority of indie games, esp with greenlight, are basically just glorified flash games with a price on them. I've seen gem-matching games on steam, for $10.

Of course it's a good experience to get yourself and your name out there, and to gain some real skills with game design, but most of these games seem unfinished, poorly made and badly developed or moderated, or belong on a flash games site. And don't get me wrong, there are good indie games out there. But it's become a trend, and it's being abused, I think.
definitely, greenlight is a good concept with bad consequences

other opinion: i think early access is bullstuff and is a way for indie developers to sell unfinished games whilst criticizing triple a developers for doing the exact same thing.

as far as i'm concerned if you're going to sell a game early you should take your estimated full price and multiply it by the percentage of the game is done. if you've got 30% done and it's gonna be a 30 dollar game, 9 bucks. 

I actually want to play the Final Fantasy XIII trilogy...

Well, I would if the PC ports weren't piles of half-assed garbage wholly unfit to be sold.

definitely, greenlight is a good concept with bad consequences

other opinion: i think early access is bullstuff and is a way for indie developers to sell unfinished games whilst criticizing triple a developers for doing the exact same thing.

as far as i'm concerned if you're going to sell a game early you should take your estimated full price and multiply it by the percentage of the game is done. if you've got 30% done and it's gonna be a 30 dollar game, 9 bucks. 
Don't blanket early access as a bad thing. In general, yeah sure its a pretty stuff system, however some of the games that have come out and are soon coming out of Early Access are loving great. KSP is early access, Don't Starve was early access, etc.

bioshock infinite has the worst gameplay in the series.
every elder scrolls game is bland and uninteresting

i think majora's mask isn't as enticing as ocarina of time

how do you define fun?
Should I do my fun rant?

The very simple explanation is that fun = a person completing some kind of survival challenge, whether it be learning a physical skill or winning a battle, and the brain rewarding them with dopamine to encourage us to continue to improve our condition.

Where else would I be?

I don't know. That also doesn't answer my question.

early access is dumb
all mobas suck
card games suck
roblox was actually good in 2008
dead island is a good game
half of the steam games on there atm are stupid and shouldn't be on there

i don't like super smash bros brawl