Unpopular Opinions V3

Author Topic: Unpopular Opinions V3  (Read 6591 times)

People who play video-games and are good at it can come over as more attractive to me.

i don't think science really has a mindedness in that sense personally. it's just a general means of answering a specific breed of philosophical question with empirical evidence, concrete data, and exact figures. there's not really room for mindedness because it seeks to act in a purely objective manner; though individual pursuits may vary in motive
If you want to talk about the the perception that science has in modern society, there's the ideal view of science, which one may think is objective and seeking concrete resolution before any further conclusions can be made.  And then there's the exhibitive view of science, in which which one may extrapolate evidence to gain a presumptuous conclusion.

That being said, to discover a virus, figure out any harmful symptoms, and then to develop a vaccine for it is a clean cut way to gather evidence and draw it all together to arrive at a conclusion.  This is the ideal view.  Science in this way is very much active and progressive in development.

However, it is my opinion that the vast majority of evolutionary theory is garbage.  The reason why is because, as I said in the exhibitive view, as the name suggests, the field has become about show—It is a tabloid science.  Researchers in this field are sooner to find evidence that something may exist X many years ago and draw conclusions that A and B species interacted in a certain way.  Many but not all will reject any alternatives just so they can hold onto any academic recognition they may get.  The fact of the matter is:  We don't know the history of the Earth and the Universe.  "What is our origin?" is a question very philosophical in nature.  And like the church in modern society has no place in politics, science has no place in the realm of philosophy.

I don't think Obama actually did anything wrong, he tried his best to improve the economy.  He lowered gas prices, or at least he tried to and they were lower in the beginning of his term.  Lastly, he tries to pass all these bills that in my opinion improve America, but congress being right winged FOX news republicans veto them.  Also, his wife tried to improve school lunches by making them healthier so obesity would go down.  No First Lady has ever stepped out like that.

I believe that the capitalist pig of the north should solve their own problems before attempting to solve problems in other countries. I also believe that the UK should give back what's rightfully ours.

I believe that the capitalist pig of the north should solve their own problems before attempting to solve problems in other countries. I also believe that the UK should give back what's rightfully ours.

Whoa hi Pie Crust

it is my opinion that the vast majority of evolutionary theory is garbage.
Did you just... say that evolution isn't real? I sure hope not.

Did you just... say that evolution isn't real? I sure hope not.

He said most of it is garbage. He didn't say it isn't real.

He said most of it is garbage. He didn't say it isn't real.
I know that, but what does he mean by garbage? Does he mean it's poorly constructed? Poorly explained? Completely incorrect? Over-simplified?

If you want to talk about the the perception that science has in modern society, there's the ideal view of science, which one may think is objective and seeking concrete resolution before any further conclusions can be made.  And then there's the exhibitive view of science, in which which one may extrapolate evidence to gain a presumptuous conclusion.

That being said, to discover a virus, figure out any harmful symptoms, and then to develop a vaccine for it is a clean cut way to gather evidence and draw it all together to arrive at a conclusion.  This is the ideal view.  Science in this way is very much active and progressive in development.

However, it is my opinion that the vast majority of evolutionary theory is garbage.  The reason why is because, as I said in the exhibitive view, as the name suggests, the field has become about show—It is a tabloid science.  Researchers in this field are sooner to find evidence that something may exist X many years ago and draw conclusions that A and B species interacted in a certain way.  Many but not all will reject any alternatives just so they can hold onto any academic recognition they may get.  The fact of the matter is:  We don't know the history of the Earth and the Universe.  "What is our origin?" is a question very philosophical in nature.  And like the church in modern society has no place in politics, science has no place in the realm of philosophy.
It's important to note that science is also an abstract field and not a body of people. Scientists are people that act as philosophers under the field of science, and they may, individually, have motives not in favour of the scientific mindset or method, but science itself remains only with its own inhibitions. There is no modern, classical, or Renaissance science, there is just science; the discoveries, minds, and developments associated with it are all circumstantial. The same can be said for religion and ethics, which are separate philosophical areas that seek to answer fundamentally different kinds of questions. Just as science cannot be blamed for the ignorance of a single professor, a faith cannot be blamed for the ignorance of a priest, rather, we acknowledge that these people fail to quite hit the mark in their personal endeavours in relation to the field they profess to contribute or derive from.

Memes can still be funny & clever at times, even a teensy amount of the newer ones.

American Dad is b-
6. American Dad is better than Family Guy

Soda is most delicious when it's flat.

I hate chocolate chip with my cookies.

However, it is my opinion that the vast majority of evolutionary theory is garbage.  The reason why is because, as I said in the exhibitive view, as the name suggests, the field has become about show—It is a tabloid science.

There's a big difference between an unpopular opinion and just being plain wrong.

Here's an opinion for you: people shouldn't try to debate things that they haven't bothered to do research on first

Memes are hilarious when used right, it's when they get overused that it becomes very stale and stupid.

Reaction images are also pretty funny, same criteria as above.

Female asses are unattractive.

Memes are hilarious when used right, it's when they get overused that it becomes very stale and stupid.
I partially agree.