Author Topic: GET BLOODBORNE ON PC  (Read 2138 times)

But what you said has nothing to do with the fact that it's literally just companies being greedy starfishs
They literally exist to make money.
how on earth would first person be an issue for performance, you actually have less to render since half the player model is never visible.
Details would have to be better. You never really see anything up close in a third-person game.

You never really see anything up close in a third-person game.

exactly. rockstar has to up all the little details to make first person look good, otherwise it would look like half life with pretty colors, which would be kinda embarrassing for a first person shooter in next gen.

All they have to do is look at Steam sales of their Souls games.
Exactly

As far as I've seen for the 'who cares' rule, it is. Unless there's something I'm missing here and they're referring to some other rule...?
http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=187932.msg4980599#msg4980599
http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=187986.msg4982956#msg4982956

It depends I guess.

how on earth would first person be an issue for performance, you actually have less to render since half the player model is never visible.
First Person means things like building interiors, vehicle interiors, weapons/pickup items, NPCs and what have you need to be rendered at higher detail, and in some cases companies won't even have detailed these at all before First Person (vehicle interiors are usually very easy to cheat when the player can only see a part of the front).

Also, remember LoDs; when the camera is zoomed out in Third Person, more objects will use a lower LoD mesh. First Person usually requires more of the world to be at a higher LoD.

I'd also argue that First Person generally requires a much higher FoV than Third Person (that's a whole argument I'd rather avoid, though).

I don't know why we have to have a loving tug of war between consoles and PC every time From Software does anything.
loving exclusives.

They literally exist to make money.
you can not be an starfish and still make money

they choose not to because they're greedy starfishs

i'm saying they're being starfishs and they should stop being starfishs because it's assholish

how hard is that to understand
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 10:42:44 AM by Ipquarx »

they're being starfishs
But how? Why are you entitled to a game?

But how? Why are you entitled to a game?
When the forget did he say he is "entitled to a game?" Open your damn eyes and understand what he/everyone is saying.

When the forget did he say he is "entitled to a game?" Open your damn eyes and understand what he/everyone is saying.
If you think someone is being an starfish because they won't give you something, clearly you think you're entitled to have it...

Pretty sure console exclusives only exist because Sony/Microsoft pay the devs/publishers money to not release it on other platforms so gamers have to buy their console.

Sounds like an starfish move to me

Pretty sure console exclusives only exist because Sony/Microsoft pay the devs/publishers money to not release it on other platforms so gamers have to buy their console.

Sounds like an starfish move to me
pretty much this, most game engines nowadays (even ones like unity) allow you to export directly to multiple platforms without doing much (if any) extra work at all