Poll

Where does this thread belong?

In the Gallery
8 (53.3%)
In Creativity
7 (46.7%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Author Topic: Low-Poly Weapons (TAKING REQUESTS FOR A SHORT TIME) (New Luger Pistol)  (Read 5406 times)

DISCLAIMER: THESE ARE THE FIRST MODELS THAT I HAVE EVER MADE.

I am now currently taking requests!
Usually finishes a model around 2 hours depending on the amount of work and distractions

Shotgun

AK-47

Luger Pistol + Bullet

If you feel like you can improve on them your self or code it as weapons for blockland you can download the files via Media Fire. (REQUIRES BLENDER TO OPEN FILES!)
Shotgun: http://www.mediafire.com/download/cc2wd12z7v0llha/DBshotgun.blend
AK-47: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ca22kr4llldw70c/ak47.blend
Luger: http://www.mediafire.com/download/db207xbsvy48h95/pistol.blend
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 02:09:32 PM by Office-Pirate »

tip: learn how to bevel, and bevel those edges on the barrels. consider beveling some of the stock as well, but don't bevel equally on everything.

also, consider angling the sides of the stock inwards, as most stocks arent equally thick top and bottom. blockland style generally has a tapered top, and a thicker bottom, i believe.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 04:37:04 PM by Conan »

tip: learn how to bevel, and bevel those edges on the barrels. consider beveling some of the stock as well, but don't bevel equally on everything.
This is my first time using Blender so I don't know all the small tricks to make it look better, however I can try to figure out how to bevel the certain parts that need it.

The style is good. But you should work on both of those models a little bit more before you try jumping into more stuff.

on another note, there's a modeling thread under creativity. I recommend posting there instead of in Gallery, which is for builds.

they could work for unturned, but will never work for blockland. try adding a little more detail.

they could work for unturned, but will never work for blockland. try adding a little more detail.
Well that is just in your opinion.

I personally would actually really like to see these ingame. Especially if particles or so in it were also "low-poly." (Or pixelated particles... Awkward wording here.)

They would be really nice in Unturned, though

off topic: i could see it working on unturned 2.0, but not 3.0

interesting style, i would like to see more

Well that is just in your opinion.

I personally would actually really like to see these ingame. Especially if particles or so in it were also "low-poly." (Or pixelated particles... Awkward wording here.)
this

I'm going be working on details for existing models and other stuff like designing a bullet or projectile, or adding bevels to the shotgun because it think it's too square-ish for Blockland.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 05:13:51 AM by Office-Pirate »

This made me want to try and model a AK47 and i kinda like it
My first ever model of a gun

problem is with the double barreled shotgun, how are you going to hold it

problem is with the double barreled shotgun, how are you going to hold it
That's the the problem i'm having with most of these. I can try to compare it to the hand of a blockhead as soon as I find a model of one.
-snip-
Woah, that's not too bad for your first go at it. Did you already have a good modeling experience at the time but that being your first weapon?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 11:22:15 AM by Office-Pirate »

That's the the problem i'm having with most of these. I can try to compare it to the hand of a blockhead as soon as I find a model of one.Woah, that's not too bad for your first go at it. Did you already have a good modeling experience at the time but that being your first weapon?
I make bricks all the time so yeah i do know a lot about Blender. If you want i can make a simple video for you about the basics.

That's the the problem i'm having with most of these. I can try to compare it to the hand of a blockhead as soon as I find a model of one.
thar ya be