Which OS Do you prefer?

Windows
42 (71.2%)
Mac OS X
11 (18.6%)
Linux
6 (10.2%)

Total Members Voted: 59

Author Topic: Windows vs. Mac OS X Megathread  (Read 10855 times)

i have a really deep feeling that viper is using the opensuse distro generator.

why is lunix being discussed. op wants windows vs os x
op just dual boot windows and see if it works better. if it does keep it, if not well, get a new computer

Windows is vastly superior. That's about all you need to know.

Windows is vastly superior. That's about all you need to know.
Don't listen to this, this is not all you need to know.

It depends on what you do. Do you do more gaming or are you more of a casual user? If it's gaming then I would say to grab a Lenovo Y10 (model name might be wrong, i'm on phone and too lazy to check right now) which is about $700 and can run games pretty well. If it's casual use then there are two ways you can go on this, ask yourself this. Are you mored tied into Apple services (iCloud, iTunes, App Store, iOS, Etc) or Microsoft (OneDrive, Outlook, Windows Phone, etc).

If it's Apple services I would say to just grab a MacBook Air or a MacBook Pro, depending how much you want to spend. Another alternative cheaper alternative to a Apple Laptop would be the Mac Mini.

Anyway that's my take on it, don't listen to everyone who says Windows is superior, it all depends on your preference and what you are using it for.

It depends on what you do. Do you do more gaming or are you more of a casual user? If it's gaming then I would say to grab a Lenovo Y10 (model name might be wrong, i'm on phone and too lazy to check right now) which is about $700 and can run games pretty well. If it's casual use then there are two ways you can go on this, ask yourself this. Are you mored tied into Apple services (iCloud, iTunes, App Store, iOS, Etc) or Microsoft (OneDrive, Outlook, Windows Phone, etc).

If it's Apple services I would say to just grab a MacBook Air or a MacBook Pro, depending how much you want to spend. Another alternative cheaper alternative to a Apple Laptop would be the Mac Mini.

Anyway that's my take on it, don't listen to everyone who says Windows is superior, it all depends on your preference and what you are using it for.
This.

And just for fun, to everyone who thinks Linux sucks and should die... Well, I guess you hate our modern society and want most of the systems that run our country to shut down and die, too. XD

Viper1999: Even Mac OS is based on Linux as well
mac is based on unix, which is what linux is built in afaik

windows master race motherforgeters, only hipsters and handicaps use Mac

windows master race motherforgeters, only hipsters and handicaps use Mac
Judging from your post it looks like the handicaps migrated over to windows as well.

Well blockland dosnt run any different on either. Play it on the computer with better hardware.

But if you wanna be a gamer in general, get the forget off that Apple.

this

however, if you do gaming, I recommend building a desktop - as laptops can't really handle a good graphics card (they'll heat up) but desktops can.

and macbooks, while expensive, will do the job for most people. it's for people who want to look fancy or people who want to have an easy to use interface.

lots of people think macs are clumsy and useless, but imagine not using a computer for the first 21 years of your life

this greatly helps your situation

Mac abuses workers (many children) in china to make their products and doesn't give a single stuff about it. Go google it if you don't believe me.
Windows doesn't even make computer parts themselves, so it's safe to say they don't.

That's really all you need to know kids, buy andriod :)

This would be a cool quote to go in OP
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 10:38:45 AM by Ipquarx »

I went on this 5 mins ago and suddenly it's a megathread

u w0t

EDIT: yeah i guess i can try to make it a megathread. Post more stuff for me to add while i search.

add this

Mac abuses workers (many children) in china to make their products and doesn't give a single stuff about it. Go google it if you don't believe me.
Windows doesn't even make computer parts themselves, so it's safe to say they don't.

and also please go research windows 10 and some of its features, windows 9 does not exist i have no idea why it's even mentioned in op