What Language are you taking in school?

Author Topic: What Language are you taking in school?  (Read 3182 times)

None currently. I took one year of Spanish last year and ultimately retained nothing, but I found out that I really wanted to learn German, which I am now trying to teach myself since my school only offers Spanish.

je suis 100% sûre que tu a utilisé google translate
non, c'est français parfait

In the State of New Jersey (heil fat governor), we MUST take one foreign language to graduate.

Now that's really loving stupid. It should be a minimum of two years.
it shouldn't be required, but schools should start giving the option to learn it earlier

it shouldn't be required, but schools should start giving the option to learn it earlier
foreign language being more heavily laid down in primary education would be pretty great. it's hard to have an opt-in set up there though because of the way primary education typically functions. i do agree that it should probably be optional though; it's not something that is commonly valuable to the extent of being a specific manifest function

french, ill probably take german or something else tho if im able too

French, I don't actually want to take any language but it was manditory.

I think the reason why Spanish might be hard for a ton of people is that the pronunciation is pretty difficult and that the grammar is confusing which is compounded by having trouble just speaking out words. I know a kid that speaks Greek conversationally but dropped out of Italian because it was killing his grade. Spanish and Italian grammar are nearly identical and both have big gaps for pronunciation from English so it makes sense that loads of kids in my grade dropped language - except for like all of the French taking kids because they're a tiny bunch.

I think that if my school offered non-Romance languages kids wouldn't drop the stuff after 10th grade. Just because a kid might be bad with Spanish grammar doesn't mean that there isn't the chance that something like German or Jewbag Yiddish would come along easily for them.

Romance is dragging down the school system!!

loving spanish. it was either that or ASL

Spanish is required. I'd really prefer deutsch though.

I take German and French. I speak (almost) fluent French because of my parents.

In the State of New Jersey (heil fat governor), we MUST take one foreign language to graduate.

Now that's really loving stupid. It should be a minimum of two years.
loving Christie

watashinohaha kokugo wa nihongodesu