Poll

Staying on until 2AM?

Yes
26 (53.1%)
No
23 (46.9%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Author Topic: Do you think Staying online up to 2 AM is bad for people?  (Read 2221 times)

You'll pass out long before you would die.
Incorrect. If you force yourself to stay awake long enough, you will kill yourself.

Incorrect. If you force yourself to stay awake long enough, you will kill yourself.
Yes, if you force yourself to stay awake, you will die; But he is clearly saying that under natural circumstances you would pass out from sleep deprivation.

The whole thing with me is like I said, If I go to sleep at any time before 2 and wake up at like 7:30, I'm super tired all day to the point that I fall asleep in class, but If I go to sleep past 2, I wake up and I'm completely awake.

also my parents force me by putting internet shutting off stuff through the router

if you don't sleep for like a month i can see this happening
the lack of sleep causes your immune system to become weaker this making you more susceptible to potentially lethal illnesses. So even with occasional sleep between then you can die.

if you don't sleep for like a month i can see this happening
If you don't sleep for about 4 days you start having hallucinations, when I was on my computer from Monday to Wednesday I was seeing things from the corner of my eye and feeling very light headed, it got to the point to were I couldn't stand up straight or I'd fall.

i have only slept like 5-6 hours a night for half my life now. and im just fine.
the exact time of day you sleep means nothing.

For the sake of health, it's preferable for you to get off as early as possible.

The whole thing with me is like I said, If I go to sleep at any time before 2 and wake up at like 7:30, I'm super tired all day to the point that I fall asleep in class, but If I go to sleep past 2, I wake up and I'm completely awake.
its all about REM sleep. if you go to bed and get between 3-6 hours of sleep you will naturally feel very exhausted because your body was setting itself up all that time to go into REM and sweep the brain with delta waves, when it is abruptly interrupted during that calming process by the blaring of alarm clocks or parents talking loudly in your face or bright lightbulbs shining into your face from the cieling. the trick is to either get more than 7 or less than 3, as that way your body either undergoes a full sleep cycle or only undergoes the first or second stages of it without getting too deep into sleep.

I just guessed the router password went on and saw this:

lol, what should I do

It depends on what time you need to wake up.

I usually have to wake up at 10:00 am so I should get to bed at 1:30 at the latest. 2:00 is a little too late for me.

8 hours ftw

lol, what should I do
Leave it?

they're going to catch onto it if you stay up so don't bother
if you change the wifi password they'll probably unplug it anyways, there isn't anything you can do about it

i have only slept like 5-6 hours a night for half my life now. and im just fine.
the exact time of day you sleep means nothing.
i somehow doubt this with some of your posts..

lol, what should I do
leave it alone, don't tell your parents you guessed it and just ask them if you can get to midnight each night

it's perfectly fine to go to sleep at 12 and wake up at 7-8, it's a lot more rewarding to have pretty much your entire day from morning to midnight