Author Topic: Changing certain player object's speed, further explanation needed.  (Read 1204 times)

In the latest update, the setMaxDirectionSpeed was introduced, but I was left confused as how will i change speeds incrementally to their original value, as forward, side and backwards movement certainly isn't the same. I am aware of Visolator's Resource for this, but I am under the impression that they change the %this.getDatablock() value, which would change the movement speed of all players using that datablock.

Using projectileData::onCollision(%this,%obj,%col,%fade,%pos,%normal) function, just thought I'd mention.

I don't believe they change the entire datablock, just the object in question, however I may be wrong. If it only changes the object in question then you can always use the datablock variables to set it back to normal.

So to change it incrementally to player's actual speed using Visolator's resource I would have to edit the script to use SetMax(DIRECTION)Speed(%this.getdatablock().getMax(DIRECTION)speed * 0,5); and define %this with %this = %obj.getValue();

Am I allowed to do that?

Changing it down to 50 percent in the example.

The new functions are per player, not per datablock.

I think

Wait, am i right or wrong about the PseudoCode plan i posted.
Mainly getMax(DIRECTION)speed()

%player.setMaxForwardSpeed(%player.getDataBlock().maxForwardSpeed * factor);

See http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=273280 if you just want to speed the player up and down.

That's just right for my purposes, thanks once more!