Author Topic: Windows 8 worth it? How to redeem iso file?  (Read 2478 times)

I am building a new pc and I need an operating system.

I can get windows 7 and 8 but 8 is expensive compared to 7.

my computer is going to be pretty beefy and will run fast with both operating systems.

From your personal experiences, which do you think is the best to get?

EDIT: and why is it best/better?
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 02:59:46 PM by snk13 »

it's new and better than windows 7

Please tell why
it's faster than windows 7, it has a nice ui you can get used to pretty quickly and it's newer so you'll have support for it with games

Doesn't matter too much by the way, Windows 10 is going to be a free upgrade for Windows 7 & 8.1 owners so you'll probably end up switching out.

Doesn't matter too much by the way, Windows 10 is going to be a free upgrade for Windows 7 & 8.1 owners so you'll probably end up switching out.

That makes it better to just get windows 7 and wait for 10...

Which one is faster/better

Standard
Pro
Or Enterprise?
(Windows 8.1)

And why

None of them are faster or better, they just have different features. Most people only need Standard but you can look up the differences on the Microsoft website or on the Windows 8.1 wikipedia article (probably).

The Pro edition has some cool extra features like extended compatibility settings and Bitlocker drive encryption. If you're getting it from softwareswap then I'd say it's definitely worth the extra $5 or whatever. Not worthwhile if buying at full retail.

Enterprise edition has features that allow for control over systems in an enterprise setup. You don't need anything there.

I am building a new pc and I need an operating system.

I can get windows 7 and 8 but 8 is expensive compared to 7.

my computer is going to be pretty beefy and will run fast with both operating systems.

From your personal experiences, which do you think is the best to get?

EDIT: and why is it best/better?

Keep your old hard drive for your new computer, if possible.

it's best to wait it out until you find it what's going to happen with how to purchase windows 10.

IF Windows 8 will give you a free pathway to windows 10. do so.

IF not. buy windows ten or windows seven, compare and contrast both operating systems

It's more of a question of: Is windows 10 worth it?  because, in my biased opinion. Windows 8 is a good operating system, but it's not a good windows, and if you're a gamer, it's not the best idea to get windows 8 for that.

Keep your old hard drive for your new computer, if possible.

it's best to wait it out until you find it what's going to happen with how to purchase windows 10.

IF Windows 8 will give you a free pathway to windows 10. do so.

IF not. buy windows ten or windows seven, compare and contrast both operating systems

It's more of a question of: Is windows 10 worth it?  because, in my biased opinion. Windows 8 is a good operating system, but it's not a good windows, and if you're a gamer, it's not the best idea to get windows 8 for that.

For a gamer, what would you recommend?

Also I am upgrading from a laptop to a desktop.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 02:33:31 AM by snk13 »