Author Topic: Teleporting bots  (Read 1208 times)

I've been playing with some bots, and I'm wondering on how I would let a single bot/ multiple bots seem to disappear and reappear in a single room. How would I event that, using a OnPlayerTouch basis? Thanks!

Player Transform should do this just fine.

of course since it is a bot it would use onBotTouch instead of onPlayerTouch

Player Transform should do this just fine.

of course since it is a bot it would use onBotTouch instead of onPlayerTouch
actually i realized this might not work

I remember a "moveToBrick" event I think.  Not sure if it works with bots or not but its probably somewhere on the forums.  Its similar to the setPlayerTransform except you call it on the player, not a brick.
I.e. onPlayerTouch > player > moveToBrick > brick1
instead of onPlayerTouch > brick1 > setPlayerTransform

actually i realized this might not work
Why don't you think this would work?

Why don't you think this would work?
Because the setplayertransform recognizes you as the player and not the bot which activated the event, it's just the difference between clicking a brick to teleport you or a bot touching the brick to teleport you.
I'm not 100% that without prior interaction with the brick the onbottouch event would actually teleport you yourself but I'm pretty sure it still wouldn't teleport anything other than an actual player.

Because the setplayertransform recognizes you as the player and not the bot which activated the event, it's just the difference between clicking a brick to teleport you or a bot touching the brick to teleport you.
I'm not 100% that without prior interaction with the brick the onbottouch event would actually teleport you yourself but I'm pretty sure it still wouldn't teleport anything other than an actual player.
exactly