4 (4.5%)
with a rope
13 (14.8%)
with a dagger
3 (3.4%)
with a candlestick
10 (11.4%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Author Topic: Who killed Mr. Boddy in the study and with what?: the great debate topic™®  (Read 356514 times)

>be crusader
>tfw can't actually read the bible
>tfw pretty sure the pope is manipulating you
>tfw you don't wanna go to hell either way
>tfw you know people in 2015 are gonna think you're a richard anyway
From what I heard they volunteered to fight for the 'Holy Land'

And if they didn't want to go to hell they shouldn't have committed atrocities should they?

atheism, mainly because we all share morals of different religion, and people tend to deny that to be cool

(in my opinion)

From what I heard they volunteered to fight for the 'Holy Land'
And if they didn't want to go to hell they shouldn't have committed atrocities should they?

uh I mean essentially, yes, but

>tfw can't actually read the bible
>tfw pretty sure the pope is manipulating you
>tfw you don't wanna go to hell either way

Judaism is pretty bad imo.

violent religions are the bad ones.

I'd honestly pick Scientology. It's a 20th century religion, but they've still done a lot of harm and I hate every one of the high-ups there with a passion.

i changed buddhism to scientology since it had only one vote
i am sorry to the person that hates buddhism

>meme arrows

they're greentext arrows

and why bother acknowledging the way he's writing rather than what he's writing?

That's even sillier. Agnosticism is just vague belief, a big "probably" instead of a "definitely".
Agnosticism is moreso just not asserting any belief as true, because you just aren't sure. It does not make an assertive claim of disbelief nor in belief. So I guess it's kind of like just saying "I don't give a stuff", although that's certainly not how I feel.

If there is a God or supernatural force out there I want to see the evidence for its existence. And on the subject of Mormonism, that religion has absolutely no solid evidence to support ANY of its truth claims. Which for me makes it one of the worst religions of all time.

Because their group makes them naturally nice....or perhaps because being friendly is kind of a requirement to do a good job of making people want to join you?
Yes, this is true. Mormons won't admit this between themselves or to you, but the reason they do those nice things is because it literally is supposed to earn them a place in "Mormon Heaven", the Celestial Kingdom, the 3rd level of the Mormon afterlife.

I'd honestly pick Scientology. It's a 20th century religion, but they've still done a lot of harm and I hate every one of the high-ups there with a passion.
On the subjects of cults/religious sects doing harm, there are some extremist/fundamentalist sects of Mormonism out in the midwest and on the west coast that actively practice the torturing of animals and leaving them out in public to die. They apparently did this to animals several times as warnings to people who left the Mormon church, and as a middle finger to people who don't support their views on Polygamy. That's literally gang behavior. The Mormon scriptures (as accepted by virtually all mormons) explicitly state that people who leave the Mormon church (apostates) will face the worst eternal punishment of all ("Eternal Darkness").

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hL1_I-bQh68
http://tinyurl.com/l9xrrga
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/07/10/12662100-cat-found-buried-alive-in-concrete-in-arizona-rescuer-alleges-religious-harassment?lite
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 12:04:31 AM by Planr »

they're greentext arrows

and why bother acknowledging the way he's writing rather than what he's writing?
I know what they are lol it was a joke

I know what they are lol it was a joke

oh, my bad then lol.

I've just seen people use what you said as an actual point

Agnosticism is moreso just not asserting any belief as true, because you just aren't sure. It does not make an assertive claim of disbelief nor in belief. So I guess it's kind of like just saying "I don't give a stuff", although that's certainly not how I feel. If there is a God or supernatural force out there I want to see the evidence for its existence.

why, though? if god were to appear in front of you and prove every single thing you deem wrong, would you not believe him?

why, though? if god were to appear in front of you and prove every single thing you deem wrong, would you not believe him?
I think I would believe him to be true, yeah.

God has to appear first, you see.

and I still believe he will "appear" in a sense.

For me, it'd certainly be tempting, but how could I know it wasn't just a hallucination? A dream? An illusion? The human mind is an easily deceived, incredibly imperfect device.