Crown's Jailbreak [Christmas Event!]

Poll

Who smells best

Niblic
Crown

Author Topic: Crown's Jailbreak [Christmas Event!]  (Read 307140 times)

I've played Gmod Jailbreak many times, if you'd like, I could help out. I'm not asking for admin, just offering to build, event, and do other stuff.

I've played Gmod Jailbreak many times, if you'd like, I could help out. I'm not asking for admin, just offering to build, event, and do other stuff.

if you want you could try your hand at making us a map and we'll see if it's good enough for the server

criteria for a map:

- has cells with sufficient capacity for about 40 players. can put multiple people in one cell.
- has armory, preferably near the cell block
- is spacious enough so people dont feel cramped in it
- has a good number of games in it, or places where games can be played

« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 02:28:40 PM by Niblic² »

i'm going to make a logo for this tommorow, seems pretty cool

i was previously recreating newsummer actually
like it's such a coincidence, i was working on gmod jailbreak and then i see this lmao
no joke, and there's no reason i'd lie

The server is open now, I'm sure there will be some glitches so if you find any please either post here or tell myself or Niblic.

Had an issue with crowns prison a while back, but that is resolved, so I hope that this will be fun!

server is back up. we fixed a few bugs and made a few changes to the map

Very fun server. Enjoying it a lot!

There should be no time limit. Really. Guards win every time.

There should be no time limit. Really. Guards win every time.
The issue with that is that when you're dead those eight minutes feel like forever and people leave. Sitting there dead while watching people sucks. I do agree that maybe it could be raised a bit but I dunno.

The build looks really nice and I'm sure Bushido will make some really great mods for this.

However, one thing to consider is that games like these, requiring a bunch of 'regular players' who know all the rules of being guards, barely even work on communities like Counter Strike where the community is like 14-18. Expect to water down your game substantially so it'll work with the younger Blockland audience.

The issue with that is that when you're dead those eight minutes feel like forever and people leave. Sitting there dead while watching people sucks. I do agree that maybe it could be raised a bit but I dunno.
There could be some minigame that dead people could blow time on.

Maybe a straightforward DM with basic guns.

However, one thing to consider is that games like these, requiring a bunch of 'regular players' who know all the rules of being guards, barely even work on communities like Counter Strike where the community is like 14-18. Expect to water down your game substantially so it'll work with the younger Blockland audience.
Yes, unfortunately I noticed that while hosting last night. I had to monitor the server and the Guards team the entire time, and a couple people became Warden and didn't know what to do very well sadly. It's hard to tell if that would be fixed if more people play continuously and understand the server more. So I don't really know what to do other than wait and see how it plays out. I'm totally open to suggestions for the server though.