Crown's Jailbreak [Christmas Event!]

Poll

Who smells best

Niblic
Crown

Author Topic: Crown's Jailbreak [Christmas Event!]  (Read 307252 times)

restricting prisoners from rebelling in any way seems contradictory to the point of the game imo. i don't see any reason to take action against rebelling during lrs since it'd really just detract from the fun in the end, plus it's funny to see guards get jumped during gun toss or whatever and losing those moments would be sad.
This.

It all depends on what you want from the game. Do you want the prisoners to have a completely unfair advantage during lr? Then don't get rid of it. Do you want it to be fair? Then no rebeling during LR.

The best way to fix this is to return the guards items after an LR such as gun toss to prevent a scramble to get to the armory.

The best way to fix this is to return the guards items after an LR such as gun toss to prevent a scramble to get to the armory.
this

That doesn't prevent the last guard from getting forgeted over, so it's definitely not the best way, but it's an improvement for sure

That doesn't prevent the last guard from getting forgeted over, so it's definitely not the best way, but it's an improvement for sure
It's already supposed to be doing this, I wasn't aware that it wasn't working I guess. I'll do this and see if Prisoners decide to rebel less knowing the Guard probably has a sniper.

add a command to show people how much money another person has
Player list?

I don't think that was ever working tbh.

another fix would be to just not allow weapons to be picked up during an lr
turn off weapon damage when it doesn't need to be on
make leaving the LR area autorebel
and also
return the guards items after an LR such as gun toss to prevent a scramble to get to the armory.
plus let the guard doing an lr keep their weapons if the lr isn't DM/weapon-oriented, i've seen plenty of times prisoners doing the game room just so they can scramble to the armory before the guard can get there. it's too easy.

or:
just make it a rule that you can't rebel during an lr, that'll just give staff the power to keep lr's under control so it's fair for both players.

I AM, however, ok with rebelling after the prisoner loses

im very aggressive about this because i hate dealing with it.

another fix would be to just not allow weapons to be picked up during an lr
turn off weapon damage when it doesn't need to be on
make leaving the LR area autorebel

These are all good fixes I would like.

and alsoplus let the guard doing an lr keep their weapons if the lr isn't DM/weapon-oriented, i've seen plenty of times prisoners doing the game room just so they can scramble to the armory before the guard can get there. it's too easy.

I don't particularly feel comfortable about letting guards keep their weapons. I think it would cause problems where guards have the ability to shoot the /lr prisoner when they lose. (Yes you can just guardban, but it is still unfortunate for a player who doesn't get /lrs that often.)
or:
just make it a rule that you can't rebel during an lr, that'll just give staff the power to keep lr's under control so it's fair for both players.
this

I reckon disallowing prisoners to rebel during LR is fair as it's already a competition.

This may only matter to those with a poor connection, but using the player collision dll yourself removes client collision predictions. Movement in a crowd is no longer erratic with it.

I decided to make my own Prison Map for the Server!
The map takes places in a prison in a Spanish city, because why not?
Here is a screenshot!

Those are pretty small cells but uh
Good luck, wish to see it finished!

Those are pretty small cells but uh
Good luck, wish to see it finished!
Thanks for the feedback, I will fix those cells.

You shouldn't post pictures that early into building but we'll see how it turns out.