Author Topic: Bot Raceway (Save included)  (Read 7425 times)

And so it was done.

Soo a long time ago in a galaxy far far away I made a simple ovel-shaped track, added a few more routes (that aren't really good shortcuts) and decided to make bots race on them, and it turns out they work well with it. (When they don't bump into each other, otherwise they may go to the stratosphere.)
They only go on the main ovel route though, I haven't really bothered to do the others yet.
I actually did release the save quite a bit ago, I replaced the addon links because some are dead.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5f54excalrjrzx5/AABmHxFtHNlTXFi8xJX6NHiEa?dl=0

Just FYI the "SuperBotSpeedway" is wip, so the bots only take the ovel path. Also it requires some addons that I mentioned in the save file.

Edit: Ya know what, I'll try to list them here. Hang on.
Furling's Speedkart Spawns
Basic Extra Lights
VRTraining Modterrain print (no idea where I got this one, I tried so hard to find it. So I just put in on dropbox.)
Set Random Speedkart event on here

That should be it.

Oh, and zonebricks and zonebrick events. That's not too hard to find if you don't have it already though.
But that one had 20 vehicles and bots, and that kinda sorta makes the server lag while they're racing. Plus if you try to have them race a car with the support_garage addon they just wouldn't work right. So I made another that's the same but with 8, and slightly changed the car's colors a bit.
Save is at the end of this post, I included an "ovel only" version to make the "bots only go this way" seem a bit more reasonable.

And now some pretty pictures
Note: The cars won't look like how they are here because support_garage blah blah blah

INSTRUCTIONS FOR DOING THINGS ON THIS:
The red brick near the spawn resets the bots and the vehicles. You can change the events to change what car spawns. If you wanna be involved in the destruction derby of mayhem, delete a bot spawn and go in the vehicle yourself. On all saves execpt for the 8C one, it'll probably have a "random speedkart on spawn" thing that you would have to disable manually on the spawns. Without the addon it'll probably turn the spawn red or something, idk. Fixed.

Have fun I guess anyway.

gebenuwll made a thing too:
here are my botkart thinegs ignore the last massage
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_nLCG1GT2Ixbm5pbktBU29sdVU/view?usp=sharing
i also made this one:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_nLCG1GT2IxMU1rNS15YkdZdlU/view?usp=sharing
put in the op if you want idk??
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 01:14:22 AM by gr8dayseth »

I'll probably polish it up later, by that I mean I'll have it so the random speedkart thing is disabled by default and add in the the other routes.
And I'll probably make a version with the default vehicle spawn for those who want that.

how do you get the bots to actually race on the track?

I updated the ovel and original, they no longer require the random speedkart event thing.

how do you get the bots to actually race on the track?
old quote because laziness
OnBotSpawn > Bot > gotobrick > [1]

On that brick,
OnBotReach > Bot > gotobrick > [2]

And so on.

Yeah sure, it'd take a bit to upload it though

Yeah sure, it'd take a bit to upload it though
We're okay with this. :)

Oh yeah it's done
they don't usually mess up that much though

Oh yeah it's done
they don't usually mess up that much though
If there were sound effects, it would be hilarious

we need a server in which players race the opposite way

Ah! I used to do stuff like this with bots on the default speedkart tracks, because I was always too lazy to build my own.

These will be fun to mess around with.

we need a server in which players race the opposite way
oh god
Ah! I used to do stuff like this with bots on the default speedkart tracks, because I was always too lazy to build my own.

These will be fun to mess around with.
Oh neat, would you mind releasing them? I kinda wanna try that
What recorder did you use?
fraps, youtube butchered the quality down a bit though.

I used to make driving simulators, but I deleted BL on my flashdrive and all of my maps with blockhead holes are deleted, everything is.
You might of noticed last year a server called "Freedriving/w AI!" that was many driving simulator maps I hosted..
What I did was similar but instead I created routes with these events and the AI drove like civilians while players free-drove around.
Fact about holes is you need jeep-like physics for them to drive smoothly and more realistic.