Does Steam browser allow downloads?

Author Topic: Does Steam browser allow downloads?  (Read 1414 times)

well stuff.

i was playing garry's mod, and was looking for youtube videos to play on a theater and somehow accidentally clicked a link because steam browser is like that. Unknowingly at first, I re-opened it and saw that I had been redirected to some site with the pop-up from the page of like "exczu" or w/e saying "Warning! Your media player is out of date!" or some stuff like that, so I tried all I could to close it out. Eventually being defeated since I realize know how much of a forget I was to not close the game itself, I ended up clicking "Okay" and immediately closed all the browser's tabs. Right before I closed it, however, I saw a download progress by the adobe logo quickly speeding up and it was roughly around the 20% mark when i closed it down

I'm checking my chrome n stuff now and there are no extensions or pop-ups yet, and i'm hoping there was no actual download.

Also, I don't really have any plugins or stuff like that on my steam browser other than flash player or w/e you use to watch youtube videos

maybe scan? i dunno

id doubt it myself but i could be wrong

yes.
it's how those hijacked accounts works.

no just a spam ad that shows a progressing download bar

yes.
it's how those hijacked accounts works.
nah that's from when you click on phishing chat links

no just a spam ad that shows a progressing download bar
except it redirected me to some page and then showed the bar

even if you downloaded something it wont actually do anything unless you execute it

Oh its those "update you're flash" sites, I have ran into a large amount of these websites and what I do is I just close the tab and scan my pc with my anti virus and my anti virus says nothing is going on. If you have an anti virus then scan you're pc that's probably one thing you should do

Those viruses are made specifically for old people so they make them so you have to install it like you would a real flash update. since old people will think it's real, they will. no need to scan for viruses. you can't download through steam browser either.