Author Topic: AMD card doesn't go above minimum shaders; shadows don't draw  (Read 1028 times)

I have an AMD Radeon R9 M275X card on my laptop alongside the integrated Intel HD, and the framerate is certainly higher than it would be without the AMD card. On my old computer, the game would throw an error when I go above minimum shaders and display as if it was off. However, on the new one the error does not appear yet the game still displays as if shaders were off. In addition, shadows aren't drawn at all, though the rest of the lighting looks as if it works.

Help appreciated ;)

Please re-create the issue then provide us with a console.log located in your default Blockland directory.

Please re-create the issue then provide us with a console.log located in your default Blockland directory.
Sure. Sorry, I haven't posted on Help for a while so a console.log sorta slipped my mind.
So here I started up a game, placed 2 bricks, switched from shaders Off -> Minimum, then -> Low -> Max -> Off -> Minimum -> Off.
Off obviously works, Minimum works for the most part but without shadows, and all higher settings simply appear as if it was Off.

Minimum isn't supposed to have shadows, it's just different shades of lighting on bricks.
OpenGL driver information:
  Vendor: Intel
  Renderer: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4400
  Version: 4.2.0 - Build 10.18.10.3496
Also your AMD isn't getting used by Blockland, therefor it's using the Intel that obviously doesn't work for you.

Minimum isn't supposed to have shadows, it's just different shades of lighting on bricks.Also your AMD isn't getting used by Blockland, therefor it's using the Intel that obviously doesn't work for you.
stuff, any idea how to fix that?

You'll have to toy with your computer settings to make the AMD the default video card.

You'll have to toy with your computer settings to make the AMD the default video card.
No matter what I do it seems to go to Intel. I've tried changing it in the BIOS, I've tried disabling the Intel card (or flat out uninstalling it), but no matter what happens Windows either goes to Intel or none - it never uses AMD.

Update: I had to uninstall all the AMD-related stuff and reinstall the drivers. Turns out that NO game on my system was using my AMD card, so now it's fixed. Thanks!