Okay something's wrong with youtube, is it just me?

Author Topic: Okay something's wrong with youtube, is it just me?  (Read 879 times)

So recently the related videos box has gotten really forgeted up for me.
Examples:

What exactly is going on? It seems like the related videos are for another video, not this one.

Can not relate

But I suggest resetting your suggestions if that is even possible on YouTube.

I think you've been watching too much motorcycle research.

Ok so for some reason it only happens with some videos??

Suggestions work by taking into account both videos you watch, other videos from that channel, but more importantly (higher priority) videos that other people watched after the video you just saw. YouTube wants people to explore as many popular and ad-revenue-enabled channels as possible.

When you get those random, dumb suggestions, it means the video/user hasn't had enough views for that suggestion system to kick in, so it just starts recommending generally popular videos regardless of what you actually want to watch.

I've seen this a lot. ADoseOfBuckley has only just recently (in the past 6 months) stopped doing this, and a number of other smaller LP channels I watch are still doing it.

Can not relate

The yogscast Is super cool

Can not relate

i thought yogscast died years ago

Hey look I'm not the only one who watches siN's videos

Stop fapping to motorcycle videos.

The yogscast Is super cool
Ye man I met them at Gamescom so many years back and they gave me a signed Steve head.
I also get Jeb_'s sign on my MineCon badge. It's all super neat

the suggestions are based on what you're watching and what you have watched, they relate this by the tags which the uploader puts, which people have abused to living hell with tag generators to gain more ad revenue.