Poll

period race

Author Topic: ABS FIESTA REDUX  (Read 1246160 times)

"I'm just used to saying it because it was easier than the whole name when serving in the Delta, I can try to catch myself if you'd like. I prefer being on good terms with someone who might eventually work on my airframe."

"I'm just used to saying it because it was easier than the whole name when serving in the Delta, I can try to catch myself if you'd like. I prefer being on good terms with someone who might eventually work on my airframe."
"If I compromised my work out of spite for slurs, I'd be out of a job." She looks Walt over again. "But it's not my place to govern what you say. I'm just an engineer."

"If I compromised my work out of spite for slurs, I'd be out of a job." She looks Walt over again. "But it's not my place to govern what you say. I'm just an engineer."

"I, uh, just kind of feel guilty about it."

He pauses to think for just a moment to try and think of something else.

"I wouldn't know what to say, hard for me to repair this."

Cualli snickers at his likely unintentional pun and downs the rest of her juice. She puts the cup back down on the table much harder than she likely intended to. "Don't worry so much about it," she says. "It happens. At least you realize what you said. Most people don't care."

Yui continues eating her breakfast, and waves Jaakko over to the table.

"That's a bit of a relief."

Walt pokes around at his food some more before begins to speak again

"I don't commonly talk to the engineers personally much, usually just asking if they can do something. You can probably see why it's easier for me to do that."

"That's a bit of a relief."

Walt pokes around at his food some more before begins to speak again

"I don't commonly talk to the engineers personally much, usually just asking if they can do something. You can probably see why it's easier for me to do that."
"And us engineers usually avoid talking to pilots so that they don't ask us to do things." Her posture has become more relaxed, and it's likely that she's joking.

Walter picks up on the joke as the stiffness of Cualli resides to a degree. Some of Walter's enthusiasm returns, evident by a smile although he doesn't respond. 

Yui relaxes and laughs a little as well, though her posture doesn't change much if at all.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 05:28:51 PM by Gojira »

Jaakko makes his way towards Walt and Yui.

"Mornin," he says tiredly.

He laboriously sits himself next to Walt and fiddles with a way to store the crutch.

Lorens holds a hand against the glass pane and leans in to admire the view. Wide blue skies stretch for miles all around, lined with wispy cirrus clouds floating at the edge of the troposphere high above. Down below, forests of deep green are walled by majestic red mountain peaks and ridges, beautiful as they are imposing.

Behind him, there is a commotion, but he can't quite make out what the people are saying. Lorens looks back at the mountains, and spots four smoke trails, growing in his direction. Suddenly, the thud of a shockwave hits him, followed by a deep rumble coming from somewhere underfoot. Klaxons blare, and people run to the doors in panic. Lorens starts to feel lighter on his feet.

A small black dot could be seen outside swerving side to side as it slowly makes its way to the ship. A bright flash pierces the backdrop, and one final explosion rocks the ship. Lorens' heart races as the floor he's standing on gives way and lists to the side, accelerating to earth faster than his body can keep up. His feet completely lift off the surface, and he starts to float within the space of the bridge.

Fearing for his life, Lorens looks around the room and tries to find something to root himself to. He finds another man trying to do the same. The man turns to Lorens. Wearing an expression of total shock, fear and confusion, he cries out, asking a question that rings louder in Lorens' ears than anything else he's ever heard:

"WHY?!"

Lorens opens his eyes wide and inhales sharply. He reaches out for his phone and lifts it off the nightstand, only to have it slip out of his hands and land on the floor below. He finds his hands dripping with sweat. Realizing how hot it is, he throws off the sheets and sits upright on the mattress to calm himself.

Still a little shaken, he gets up out of bed, picks up his phone, throws on his uniform and goes to the mess hall.

Yui waves and invites Lorens over to the table if there's enough seats.

Walt shuffles and moves his arms a bit to make some room

"Has Tippy shown up yet?"

"No she hasn't." Tippy says.