Poll

period race

Author Topic: ABS FIESTA REDUX  (Read 1232211 times)

"Or they're just idiots. If they had something backing them up they'd have much better than poorly-maintained outdated fighters and bombers. How did that one guy even get flares, anyways? Did he throw a bunch of lit survival flares out of the roosterpit?"

"I guess. Something just felt off about them, though. Anyway I think I saw the type of flare he deployed before. WPT-4, generally used to scare off wildlife and help in crowd control situations; they're a mix of phosphorous and thermite. Cheap and bulky, just like Porlaq's leader. You could make them at home, though it's dangerous. It's likely he made them himself and cut a hole in his fuselage for them."

I finish moving my stuff in.

The room is small, it has a twin bed, a desk, a dresser, and standing closet/storage against the wall. There's a very small bathroom, that includes a toilet, sink, mirror, and small medicine cabinet. There's a small TV in a package on the floor. Outside, there is a large common room, with several couches, some tables, a TV, and a microwave. Shower rooms are down the hall.

From my dorm, I can see a couple jets landing. It's pretty far off though, half a kilometer or more.

I search through my papers to find my hanger and aircraft's location. It takes me a minute, but I find them. I walk out the door and head to the tarmac.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 03:03:40 PM by Mr. Hurricane »

I finish moving my stuff in.
You being the first person here to have visited their quarters since the other flight members left for the patrol, you are the first to find the notice saying that Mjolnir flight is going to be relocated to McNamara Air Force Base in southern Mercana next week to assist in the fighting there.

"That's always a possibility."
I head to the bunks to see where we're living for now, and pass Cassius on the way there.
"Hey."

Hank walks to the discussing pilots who just got back from patrolling
"So, how did the patrol go?"

On the way to my own bunk, I find a note just inside the room containing my bunk saying that I'm to be relocated.

It mentions that the purpose is to reinforce active combat zones, and I realize I might get assigned to a strike aircraft. I begin packing nonessential belongings so that I don't have to deal with it last minute. Then I make it to my bunk and doze off for 10 minutes as the coffee wore off shortly after I talked with Steele.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 01:50:04 PM by Juncoph »

goddamnit

Hank goes back to his bunks and climbs up to the top bunk to lay down.

goddamnit

they're beginning a conversation if thats why you said gdmit

I observe the bulletin. A notice of relocation. Luck wouldn't have it. We were being relocated to Mercana. Not a bad place, aside from the theocracy.

"Hey," a voice says.

I turn to see a fellow pilot. He's got some helmet hair and I assume he's returning from that assignment. I'm not able to identify him.

"Hello," I say, "Are you with the Five-One-Fourth?"
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 02:45:30 PM by Mr. Hurricane »

I land my plane and talk to Kelton about the technology some more and just general stuff.

I walk back to the quarters, walking past. I silently take off my jumpsuit and my shirt and grab a towel. I head to the dorm's shower.
I'm not really talkative... or, well, open.
Guess that's why they call me Turtle.

I land my plane and talk to Kelton about the technology some more and just general stuff.
You find it odd that Kelton has his own hangar to park in separate from the rest of the flight, and even odder still that technicians forbid you from entering said hangar to continue the conversation. At least you were able to learn the limitations of a COMRO system (a COMRO can only replenish basic munitions: The JSM, HSM, AGM, and Unguided Bombs. It also cannot repair damage.), the country of origin (Kintharia), and why everyone who's anyone can field them (Kintharia reluctantly shared the tech with Mercana and NAUC, then the Zentragoths stole it from Mercana and shared it with the Huitzitlaotani).

The last Mirage touches down with a chirp and a low whistle. A throaty rumble follows as the pilot taxies the aircraft into a hangar. I watch as two men walk over to the main complex before returning my gaze to the sky, taking a long draw from the cigarette between my lips and exhaling.

Awfully nice day we're having, I thought to myself as I basked in the warmth of the late afternoon sun. Just as I prop up a leg and reach over my mouth to take another draw, a particularly strong gust comes over the tarmac and blows off the cherry. Ah stuff. Probably should've packed them a little better.

Figuring it's about time to head inside anyways, I crush the ashes against the heel of my boot, get up from the bench and walk back inside, flicking the cigarette into a waste bin somewhere along the way.

Back inside the barracks, I come across a few other pilots, some from today's patrol. Most notably, Jacov is striking up a conversation with an unfamiliar face. I walk over and chime in.

"Back from the patrol already? How'd it go?"

by the way, is it not too late to change piloting preference to air-to-air?
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 04:00:19 PM by NoZoner »

by the way, is it not too late to change piloting preference to air-to-air?
It's not too late, updating the roster now.

"Yes sir I am. What's your name?"
I turn to the other pilot.
"Poorlaq tried to bomb us. Tried. They all got shot down."