Poll

period race

Author Topic: ABS FIESTA REDUX  (Read 1246056 times)

Gus stands up as quietly as he sat down and pushes in his chair, plate untouched.

: Yeah. The couch wasn't so bad.
"Well, that's good to hear, at least. I've never slept on it myself." She takes another bite of her food. "Anyways, we've made some pretty good progress on your plane. Want to come check it out later?"
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 06:41:12 PM by carolcat »

"How are you doing this morning Tippy?" Jaakko asks in a worn voice.

He puts together his cereal in a styrofoam bowl and starts eating.

"I can't imagine how heavy those things are too, it'd be a massive chore to lug it back alone."

Tippy is fast asleep, unable to hear you and face down on the table.

Nagato starts flipping through the sketchbook.
Nagato see's everything that has happened to Raiden and Mjolnir squashed down into this little sketchbook. A complete section of the sketchbook had extremely detailed drawings of each person Tippy had ever met, even those who were deceased, Some of who Nagato didn't recognize since some of the sketches were from when tippy was a tank gunner. Each page was carefully laminated in combination with intricately detailed scenes of battlegrounds below each portrait. Nagato once again saw several self portraits of Tippy but as with the rest they were incomplete. Tippy in some of the images looked horrifying and cubic, as if some abstract artist had stolen her sketchbook for a while. Flowers started appearing in small numbers as Nagato browsed through the pages, the flowers grew in number from the 10's to thousands before ending on Yukamo's page. Yukamo's portrait had extra care given in comparison to all the rest and there was not one bit of page left blank. The center of the page portrayed Yukamo facing the viewer and surrounding her was every emotion Tippy had seen her display. Flowers filled the rest of the page where Yukamo didn't fill it in and the shading was exemplary. This was also one of the pages with Tippy on it, and for once her self portrait was complete, but her jaw wasn't metal. Nagato finally made it to Raiden's page which had a jagged theme around the border of the pages and actually featured color in certain areas. Most portraits of each member had purple highlighting on their defining features. Nagato's eyes on her page glowed brightly with lines of light trailing from them, much like the tail-light of a car taken by a camera with a long exposure. Xiomei's portrait was similar but her scar was more like a flame that trailed from her face rather than dead tissue. The rest of Raiden was on the next several pages, Matsumoto was completed but the others were unfinished and in the works. Matsumoto's hair contrasted brightly in comparison to the rest of her sketch on the page.

Graf decides to talk with the man he's sitting next to, for breaking ice and figuring out who these other pilots are.

"Hi there. Mind if I stay here?"

Gus stands up as quietly as he sat down and pushes in his chair, plate untouched.
She steps outside of the mess hall, so there's no chance of Raiden overhearing her.
: They're handling it about as poorly as you'd expect. I'd steer clear of Major Yamashiro for a while if I were you, she's definitely taken it the hardest.

"I can't imagine how heavy those things are too, it'd be a massive chore to lug it back alone."
: Nah, it's not that heavy. It'd just be hard to conceal. Someone could easily notice the heavy-ass bag and demand to know what's in it, and that would be awkward.

He suddenly comes to a realization, and snaps his fingers in frustration.
: Aw, damn it! I could'a disassembled one and had us all carry the pieces separately. Ah well...

Tippy is fast asleep, unable to hear you and face down on the table.
: She's tired.

Nagato see's everything that has happened to Raiden and Mjolnir squashed down into this little sketchbook. A complete section of the sketchbook had extremely detailed drawings of each person Tippy had ever met, even those who were deceased, Some of who Nagato didn't recognize since some of the sketches were from when tippy was a tank gunner. Each page was carefully laminated in combination with intricately detailed scenes of battlegrounds below each portrait. Nagato once again saw several self portraits of Tippy but as with the rest they were incomplete. Tippy in some of the images looked horrifying and cubic, as if some abstract artist had stolen her sketchbook for a while. Flowers started appearing in small numbers as Nagato browsed through the pages, the flowers grew in number from the 10's to thousands before ending on Yukamo's page. Yukamo's portrait had extra care given in comparison to all the rest and there was not one bit of page left blank. The center of the page portrayed Yukamo facing the viewer and surrounding her was every emotion Tippy had seen her display. Flowers filled the rest of the page where Yukamo didn't fill it in and the shading was exemplary. This was also one of the pages with Tippy on it, and for once her self portrait was complete, but her jaw wasn't metal. Nagato finally made it to Raiden's page which had a jagged theme around the border of the pages and actually featured color in certain areas. Most portraits of each member had purple highlighting on their defining features. Nagato's eyes on her page glowed brightly with lines of light trailing from them, much like the tail-light of a car taken by a camera with a long exposure. Xiomei's portrait was similar but her scar was more like a flame that trailed from her face rather than dead tissue. The rest of Raiden was on the next several pages, Matsumoto was completed but the others were unfinished and in the works. Matsumoto's hair contrasted brightly in comparison to the rest of her sketch on the page.
Nagato lingers on the last page for a while.
: [Oh, god...]

She proceeds to shut the sketchbook, slide it back over to Tippy, and bury her face in her hands.

Graf decides to talk with the man he's sitting next to, for breaking ice and figuring out who these other pilots are.
"Hi there. Mind if I stay here?"
: A little, yes.

Cualli looks past Arkhip to see who he's talking to, then continues eating her breakfast while she waits on a response from the former.

Tippy slides off the table and onto the floor jolting awake

"forget"

: Nah, it's not that heavy. It'd just be hard to conceal. Someone could easily notice the heavy-ass bag and demand to know what's in it, and that would be awkward.

He suddenly comes to a realization, and snaps his fingers in frustration.
: Aw, damn it! I could'a disassembled one and had us all carry the pieces separately. Ah well...

Walter rubs his forehead as the caffeine helps reduce his headache a small extent

"Hopefully you'll have another chance to nab one if an opportunity arises like that again."

Walter drinks the rest of his coffee and sighs and then looks at Virvel again

"I refuse to believe you're running off of just two hours of sleep alone. Tell me your secret."
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 01:45:15 AM by Badger »

Graf realizes that this man probably wants to be kept to himself.

"Ah. Well, I can move seats if you want. Although... can I ask you for your name?"

Graf realizes that this man probably wants to be kept to himself.
"Ah. Well, I can move seats if you want. Although... can I ask you for your name?"
He points to the nametag on his chest reading "ORLOV", then to the two bars on his collar.

Cualli looks past Arkhip to see who he's talking to, then continues eating her breakfast while she waits on a response from the former.
He turns back to look at you.
: Sure, I guess.

Tippy slides off the table and onto the floor jolting awake
"forget"
Musashi looks down at you.
: Are you alright?

Walter rubs his forehead as the caffeine helps reduce his headache a small extent
"Hopefully you'll have another chance to nab one if an opportunity arises like that again."
Walter drinks the rest of his coffee and sighs and then looks at Virvel again
"I refuse to believe you're running off of just two hours of sleep alone. Tell me your secret."
: What, you mean Crash never runs drills at ungodly hours of the night?
: One time, back at the Chryssalis, Echo had us do a drill right as we were getting ready to retire for the night, and then mid-drill we came under an actual attack. I think we went what, 42 hours without sleep?
: Sounds about right.
: Yeah. 2 hours of sleep isn't that bad, as long as it's not happening every day of the week.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 04:34:35 PM by Qwepir »

Musashi looks down at you.
: Are you alright?

"Yeah, i haven't been this tired since Palestra. The only exception is that it was colder."

He turns back to look at you.
: Sure, I guess.
"I meant to ask earlier, but how come you weren't flying your usual?"

: What, you mean Crash never runs drills at ungodly hours of the night?
: One time, back at the Chryssalis, Echo had us do a drill right as we were getting ready to retire for the night, and then mid-drill we came under an actual attack. I think we went what, 42 hours without sleep?
: Sounds about right.
: Yeah. 2 hours of sleep isn't that bad, as long as it's not happening every day of the week.

Walter huffs with a smile before replying

"We have drills but not often. Maybe I should join you guys sometime to see how different it is from ours."