Poll

period race

Author Topic: ABS FIESTA REDUX  (Read 1232358 times)

Cualli catches a brief glimpse of Gus and the feeling of dread in her gut intensifies. She swallows and glances at Arkhip. "I'll catch up with you later today, okay? I'm going to go find out where I need to put my stuff. Maybe we'll know whether or not we're on leave by then."

She gestures for Elu to follow her and tries to follow where she saw Gus head off to, weaving her way through the crowd. As she makes her way to him, Cualli thinks about what she's going to say to him.

Finally, Cualli gets through the crowd enough to spot the back of Gus' head. "Hey, Gus," she calls out.

Gus looks around for a moment at the sound of his name, then spots Cualli and Elu a few paces behind. He stops and heads back towards them, bags in hand.

"What's up?"

Cualli is still holding the set of sticky notes in her hands. "Nothing, really. Have you heard any word yet of if we're on leave?"

She glances at the crowd still moving past and gestures that they should step to the side, out of the way.

"Nothing yet. I was going to head to the barracks and see about where we're being housed for the moment - maybe they'd know, maybe not. I imagine they're going to finish unloading the carrier before telling us."

"I guess so."

She glances at the crowd again. "Shame we aren't at the base I live on. Guess I get to experience crew quarters... again," she sighs. "At least we don't have to hear the sounds of the carrier all night anymore. And maybe the rooms are actually lit here. Maybe I'll get to see a window." Cualli gives a small laugh.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2017, 09:47:25 PM by carolcat »

Gus laughs too.

"I was beginning to get tired of the sound of the carrier. The quiet seems a little strange now, but welcome. But hey, if all goes to plan we shouldn't be here very long anyways. I can't believe that after our time in Kronovostok the Sky Marshal wouldn't let everyone off the leash for a little while."

He smiles.

She returns the smile, then remembers what she's going to have to tell him. Well, she thinks to herself, I'll only have to tell him if we do go on leave. The thought gives her a bit of relief, although it's clear something is still bothering her a bit.

Cualli looks at his luggage. "I bet you probably want to hurry up and put all that away. I don't want to keep you too long."
« Last Edit: February 25, 2017, 10:13:20 PM by carolcat »

"Yeah, alright. If I hear anything you'll be the first to know."

A brief look of confusion crosses his face as to her dismissive demeanor and bothered expression. Something is different. He adjusts his grip on the bags and looks towards the crowd. He flashes another smile, less certain than before, nearly turning to leave before looking Cualli in the eyes and continuing.

"Is there something wrong?" he asks in an inquisitive and concerned tone.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2017, 10:22:13 PM by CypherX »

forget. No point in dodging it now.

She gives a bit of a sigh. "It's... complicated. And I also can't talk about it with so many people around."

The doodled-on sticky notes get shoved into one of her fatigue pockets with one hand while Cualli runs her fingers through her braids with the other. "Get your stuff put away. I'm going to find out if there's any nice bars around here and we'll meet up there this evening to talk, okay? I'll tell you what's wrong then."

He studies her face for a moment before nodding.

"Alright."

He looks over at Elu as he turns to head towards the barracks and nearly raises an eyebrow at the stoic robot, now with more questions than when he started. The robot looks back at him blankly.

Cualli watches him go and sighs. Gods, how did she let herself get into this mess? She prays that Gus won't hate her too much for how things turned out.

"C'mon, Elu," she says and starts heading to the crew barracks.

"I saw an exit terminal round' here somewhere. Help me look for it."

Jaakko is a bit confused but looks anyway.

"We're in the hanger. Couldn't we just go out the door? What are you looking for exactly?"

He breaks Tippy's grab on his shoulder.

"I don't want to go out the front... If I don't have to that is..."

Tippy stared at the floor and tried to hide the fact that something was bothering her.

"You know what, nevermind. forget it. Out the front we go. Lets go!"
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 05:35:49 PM by Tayasaurus »

Jaakko notices something about Tippy's demeanor but not the extent.

"What was that about? You're not anxious because there are too many people in here right? Agoraphobia or something like that?" he asks.

He follows Tippy closely out of the hangar.