ABS FIESTA REDUX

Poll

period race

Author Topic: ABS FIESTA REDUX  (Read 1232338 times)

"I don't want to go out the front... If I don't have to that is..."
Tippy stared at the floor and tried to hide the fact that something was bothering her.
"You know what, nevermind. forget it. Out the front we go. Lets go!"
Jaakko notices something about Tippy's demeanor but not the extent.
"What was that about? You're not anxious because there are too many people in here right? Agoraphobia or something like that?" he asks.
He follows Tippy closely out of the hangar.
The moment you step outside, the skies open up into a shower of freezing rain. Making matters worse, the barracks you were instructed to go to is a half a mile away.

"Can we talk about this later till we get to barracks at least? It's raining." Tippy replies feeling the large rain drops hit her hand.

Jaakko nods and follows quickly.

Bell could be last seen walking to the barracks with an umbrella and wearing the coat from when she was on the retrieval deck before the last operation began.

Later in the evening, after everyone has been settled into the barracks, news comes in that due to the reduced number of active pilots in Mjolnir and Djuriskas (not to mention how long the active pilots have been serving without being relieved) both squadrons are going to be taken off duty until further notice.

After getting settled in, Jaakko goes looking for Tippy. The events of the day have left him with a bitterness and poor attitude, but he wills himself into finding distracting things to do.

Cualli, despite being disappointed to discover that there's really nothing within a several-mile radius of their base (and, most importantly, no bar), sets out to find Gus.

You find Tippy eating a sandwich

Jaakko approaches and makes a sharp gesture as if hes going to knock the sandwich out of her hand.

"Hey, are you settled in now?"

"You do it you die. And yes. I am."

Jaakko drops his hand.

"I am too, finally," Jaakko says.

He pauses for a moment and looks around.

"What was it you wanted to talk about earlier? Or is it okay now?" he asks quietly.

"It's fine now. I hate crowds and they make me angry."

"I figured," Jaakko says, remembering the night in Malanata.

He shifts his stance uncomfortably.

"I'm sure you heard that we've been given leave," he says.

"Of coures I have. Otherwise we wouldn't be on the ground either. It's "leave" until something gets forgeted up and they need us back."

There is a silence as Jaakko comes up with some kind of conversation.

"Do you still have that console you bought around the time of Svirask?" he asks.