ABS FIESTA REDUX

Poll

period race

Author Topic: ABS FIESTA REDUX  (Read 1232408 times)

: How cold is it?
"Arkhip told me it was in the double-digits below zero," she says. "I'm pretty sure we'll end up spending a lot of time inside by the fire or something."

Cualli zips up her suitcase and rolls her shoulders back. "But I don't know how well the lubricants in you will take to such extreme temperatures. Sure, your circuitry will love the cold, but your joints? Maybe not so much."

: Yup. How's it going?

Walter looks at the two abnormally short lengths protruding from underneath the sheets

"I'd show you but it's just covered in gauze and burn cream right now, not interesting at all-" He sighs and shifts his weight a bit in the bed . "...I feel like I came to terms with it somewhat easily, for some reason. I guess my mind just hasn't clicked about it yet."

Walter lifts up his hands and begins to flip them around and make some gripping motions "I think I'd be fairly stressed if I had lost these instead."

Bell looks for Jaakko around the base to talk to him. She's swapped out her red and white ribbon for a black one in the past few days.

Ellie is up and about, walking up to the entrance to Walt's room in the medical facility. She's not sure if she should wait for Virvel and Walter to finish their conversation before she talks to him.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 11:05:57 PM by Operator¹ »

"Arkhip told me it was in the double-digits below zero," she says. "I'm pretty sure we'll end up spending a lot of time inside by the fire or something."

Cualli zips up her suitcase and rolls her shoulders back. "But I don't know how well the lubricants in you will take to such extreme temperatures. Sure, your circuitry will love the cold, but your joints? Maybe not so much."
: We will have to see.

Walter looks at the two abnormally short lengths protruding from underneath the sheets

"I'd show you but it's just covered in gauze and burn cream right now, not interesting at all-" He sighs and shifts his weight a bit in the bed . "...I feel like I came to terms with it somewhat easily, for some reason. I guess my mind just hasn't clicked about it yet."

Walter lifts up his hands and begins to flip them around and make some gripping motions "I think I'd be fairly stressed if I had lost these instead."
Virvel follows Walt's gaze to the amputated legs under the sheets.
: Huh, no stuff, they just cut 'em off. Ah well, I'm sure they'll be able to bolt on some peg legs and get you back on your stumps in no time.

"I guess." Cualli stands and looks around to make sure she's packed everything. "Are you excited?" she asks Elu, looking at him once she's satisfied by her packing job.

Ellie walks up to the bed to talk to Walt, looking over him before speaking.

"Hey Walt, looks like you got the worst of it."

She rubs her bandaged upper arm before she puts down her backpack. She pulls out a small box and gives it to Walt.

"I got you something since you're probably going to be stuck in here for a bit. It's a portable gaming system with enough games to last a month, if you don't get bored of it."

Walter shrugs and rubs his face "Hopefully something like that, for now I'm stuck here until they can dig a pair out of some dusty supply closet."

Walter looks over at Virvel and away from what's left of his legs "No on told me how the sortie went after I deep fried my legs in hot gas, did they manage to blast that carrier to bits? Hope my oversight on a heat sink was worth it."

Ellie walks up to the bed to talk to Walt, looking over him before speaking.

"Hey Walt, looks like you got the worst of it."

She rubs her bandaged upper arm before she puts down her backpack. She pulls out a small box and gives it to Walt.

"I got you something since you're probably going to be stuck in here for a bit. It's a portable gaming system with enough games to last a month, if you don't get bored of it."

Walter looks through the box and then back at Ellie

"Hey thanks, I don't know if I'll be able to use it often though. Maybe you should check with some of the other people from our squadron in here who are more sick of this place than me at the moment though."
« Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 11:24:29 PM by Badger »

Jaakko is blankly staring at the news report about the flight he had shot down days before. The news that it was a hijacking perpetrated by the Deltans has become known. The anchor is discussing terrorism with a foreign Kintharian expert when Bell finds Jaakko.

Bell walks up to Jaakko, looking at the TV to see what he is watching before she sits down next to him.

"How are you holding up?"

Walter looks through the box and then back at Ellie

"Hey thanks, I don't know if I'll be able to use it often though. Maybe you should check with some of the other people from our squadron in here who are more sick of this place than me at the moment though."

"I guess you're right, maybe Scorch or Gaffe will like it." Ellie takes the box back.

"Oh yeah, I was wondering if I could take one of the 'deactivated' combat bots you guys recovered on the ground in Kronovostok."
« Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 11:31:28 PM by Operator¹ »

"I feel less awful, but it's still pretty bad. Since we're on the ground now rather than the carrier, I can't find distractions from it. At least on the carrier you were overworked, but now I don't have anything to do until I get to actually leave the base," Jaakko replies.

He looks to Bell.

"I'll get over it. It's a matter of when,"

Or, maybe I won't get over it, but it won't be this bad in the future.

Walter mutters a "yeah, two if you need with the shape they're in..." to Ellie as he slowly begins to fixate on whatever Virvel has to say
« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 12:18:42 PM by Badger »

"I don't think it's the type of thing that you'll completely get over. People feel guilty for things they might not have had any control over, like taking the flight leader post because the last one died while you were his wingman, or losing so many good pilots under your command. I still think about what I could have done better to keep Geary, Steele, or Mbombe from being killed.." Bell trails off and leans back in the seat, looking towards the ceiling, reaching out as if to grab something from the air.

"I can't imagine how you feel, that's something that should never be forced on someone." She rights herself, looking at Jaakko.

"Well, if you can't find something to do, maybe you can travel with me, I don't know if you want to go home though- that might be a good way to get away from it all."

Ellie says thanks and leaves to drop off the box near Gaffe's bed, then she goes to see Markus.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 11:57:36 PM by Operator¹ »

Jaakko gives Bell a weak nod.

"I'll consider it," he says quietly, looking back to the TV and saying nothing more.

Tippy walks into the TV room and drops some hefty looking travel bags on the floor.

"Hey guys."

Jaakko looks at Tippy.

"Decided you're going to Kintharia?" he asks, his face seeming a little brighter.